I need a lead scale for these chords..
E major open chord,C5,G5..
chorus is D5,C5, Bb5
First part seems funny.. if its in Emaj, the C n G dont seem to fit..
if it were Eminor, it would make more sense.. then it would be a Eminor or Gmaj scale..

second part would also make more sense if the first part was in Eminor. Cos then it just means that it drops 2 steps down to a Dminor key.. in which you could use Dminor scale or Fmaj..
"I don't mind making sissy rock. I'll rock your ass sensitive style" - John Mayer
What hey are you in? Changing scales with the chords...a pentatonic will always work or you could play just a pent scale of the key you are in but that may not sound as good...or my favorite is to arpeggio the chords with teh lead guitar plus throw in a few other notes...
i seriously think that you got the Emajor bit off.. it should be a Eminor..

*waits for Johnljones to come*..

John?? u there mate??
"I don't mind making sissy rock. I'll rock your ass sensitive style" - John Mayer
ahhh the old and determine.....

first we take all the notes of these chords

E - E, G#, B
C - C, E, G
G - G, B D

D5 - D,A
C5 - C, G
Bb5 - Bb,F

now we can add all the notes together and remove the extra notes and we get......

E,F,G,G#,A,A#,B,C,D

NOW the fun part. what chord does this resolve to? it doesn't really sound like E (although the bV - I isn't a common cadence, it can be used) i would say its probably G. Knowing that G is the resolving chord its safe to say that G is the major key this song is placed around (sounds like your chorus might move to F major) here's what i would do. Take all the notes listed above and for your G major "verse" consider using G mixolydian as a lead and using the #'s as passing tones. for your chorus try F major. i hope this helps!

oh and just for reference

G mixolydian - G,A,B,C,D,E,F
F Major - F,G,A,Bb,C,D,E
^darn... I wanted to do it!

well, make sure you watch out for the G# on E.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
heh heh beat you to the punchline thats all good, if you have any additional tips im sure the threadstarter would be glad to hear them. but seeing as how you didn't correct anything i'm gonna give myself a little pat on the back for a job satisfactorily done.
Actually, you could use the G gypsy scale for the first bit. I mean, I know nothing about it, but it works.

G Ab B C D E F

DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??