Song to shred? I want to learn to shred but don't know what song is the easiest. And what song did you first learn to shred?
From my mates who are shredders, alot seem to have learnt Megadeth - Symphony of Destruction early on, give that a try. It's a cool solo
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Passage to the Reaper - COB

Don't know if that's classified as 'shred', but it's the only 'shred' song i've tried learning so far. Still can't quite nail it though. Argh!
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
It might not quite be classed as shred but Eruption is always a good starting point, or maybe the fast solo from Master of Puppets.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Is it just me, or does Eruption sound a little off during certain parts of the song? It's like EVH just tried to make it longer and put in a few filler parts in there. Great song otherwise though.

To the TS, try out the COB song. Get a mate to play Roope's parts with you if you can, that would really turn heads.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Quote by sunnysayshi
Yay I think tommorow will be "Must Learn Eruption Day"

What about sunday

u be stealin my sig bitch oj
"Marty Friedman > You" Club.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Buy the toilet Hendrix crapped in for the full "Jimi Hendrix Experience"

PM me if you think my drummer looks like angry kid

so far 61 people think he looks like angry kid
I'd say go for some Vai stuff. Eruption is fast, but it's not very "musically sound". It's just a big show off track really. Try learning "Tender Surrender" or "For the Love of God" by Steve Vai. A lot of shredding but a lot of other techniques too.
i agree with tender surrender, it is amazing but it is a verydifficult track to learn perfectly, eruption was a piece of piss compared to vai.
"Marty Friedman > You" Club.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Buy the toilet Hendrix crapped in for the full "Jimi Hendrix Experience"

PM me if you think my drummer looks like angry kid

so far 61 people think he looks like angry kid
Last edited by permanentmarker at Mar 23, 2007,
Quote by permanentmarker
i agree with tender surrender, it is amazing but it is a verydifficult track to learn perfectly, eruption was a piece of piss compared to vai.

yeah, i missed the "easiest" part.
Passage to the Reaper? What album is that off? I have all of 'em, can't seem to find it...

... COB as in Children of Bodom, right?
scarified-racer x

awesome...
Quote by Alter-Bridge
My nipples. WHAT ARE THEY FOR?!?!?!?!
Quote by nick dixon
Put your penis in a raging hot fire, that should melt the bottle off
Quote by Leonheart
4e574e57363g, despite your first post on a thread almost always being PWNT you kickass.