okay i have guitar pro 5 and reason 3. now in guitar pro i know you can export any track you want to be saved as a midi file to your computer. my question is how can you import this midi file into reason 3? is there any way? im mostly looking to import my drum tracks into reason if that helps. thanks you guys any help is much appreciated!
Under 'File' there is a command called "import MIDI". Once you load that, a track will appear in the sequencer. Load up a ReDrum, Subtractor or whatever, and set that track to the module you just loaded. Once you do, in the piano roll, you will see the notes laid out for you. I'm not sure how it will work with drum tracks and Guitar Pro, but I'd imagine they're output with the MIDI file you've just exported.

Hope that helps.
Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Ibanez S-470 with Seymour Duncans
Ibanez RG-321
Schecter Damien 6
Art & Lutherie Wild Cherry

Amps:
Kustom 12 Gauge
ummm sorry im a bit retarded, can't seem to get it to work. could you explain it in great detail, step by step? sorry and thank you so much
I'm at work and don't have access to anything right now, so I can look at it later.

Like I said, I've never tried outputting from Guitar Pro before so I'm not sure if you can get the drums. I have output from Power Tab and loaded it in, and that worked okay, but it only loaded what I wrote for the guitar part. I don't think Power Tab has a drum option.

I have loaded MIDI files I've found online and stuff into Reason before.

I'm running Reason 2.5, which I don't think would make much of a difference.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG-321
Schecter Damien 6

Amps:
Kustom 12 Gauge
since theres now a thread on gp5, mine wont close, when i click the "x" it has an error message and keeps it full screen, i have to use ctrl alt del to close it, anything i can do to fix this?
"Marty Friedman > You" Club.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Buy the toilet Hendrix crapped in for the full "Jimi Hendrix Experience"

PM me if you think my drummer looks like angry kid

so far 61 people think he looks like angry kid
since theres now a thread on gp5, mine wont close, when i click the "x" it has an error message and keeps it full screen, i have to use ctrl alt del to close it, anything i can do to fix this?

Sorry, I'm really not very familiar with Guitar Pro. I've tried it and didn't like it enough to keep going with it.

I still have it on my computer at home so I can see if it's giving me the same error, but that's about it.

Maybe if I can see a screenshot of the error or something I could offer an answer, but I'm not promising anything.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG-321
Schecter Damien 6

Amps:
Kustom 12 Gauge
Quote by marcus00
Sorry, I'm really not very familiar with Guitar Pro. I've tried it and didn't like it enough to keep going with it.

I still have it on my computer at home so I can see if it's giving me the same error, but that's about it.

Maybe if I can see a screenshot of the error or something I could offer an answer, but I'm not promising anything.

my version isnt exactly the most legal version out there, and its all in french, i have it on a disk somewhere so i could reinstall it but i would far rather just fix something.

if you dont know dude it doesnt really matter, ctrl alt del works it just requires that little extra effort.

"Marty Friedman > You" Club.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Buy the toilet Hendrix crapped in for the full "Jimi Hendrix Experience"

PM me if you think my drummer looks like angry kid

so far 61 people think he looks like angry kid
So as far as the drums are concerned, and not knowing too much about guitar port, the only way I can see getting the midi information loaded into Reason is to record each drum in their own separate track in Guitar Pro. That way, when they output, you have an individual track for each drum (one for your bass, one for your hi-hat, one for your snare, etc...).

So once you get whatever you have written, output it to a MIDI file and save it to your desktop.

Then, bring up Reason and load up a new rack. You should just have your mixer and MIDI in device (maybe some send effects, too).

Hit 'File', then 'Import MIDI File". Once you do that, down at the bottom, in your sequencer, you will see a bunch of empty tracks...

Next, let's say for the track you recorded your guitar on, load up an NN19 Sampler. Then, from the Reason Soundbank, load up the 'Acoustic Guitar Patch'.

In your Sequencer, delete the track it automatically creates for the NN19...

When it asks you to keep or delete your device, make sure you hit "Keep". You want to delete the track, not the device.

Now, in track one (the track your guitar should be recorded on), click on the empty arrow next to the empty box and select the NN19.

Once it's attached, the little emblem for the NN19 will appear in that empty box:

Now the NN19 sampler you've created will play the notes loaded from the MIDI information you output from Guitar Pro.

When you go into the piano roll, you can see the notes already there based on the notes you input in Guitar Pro. This is just a single bar hitting the open low E string in 4/4 time:

Just keep repeating this for all the tracks you've created in Guitar Pro.

The issue with MIDI, is that it only carries the pitch the note is played in, the velocity it's hit and some additional effect info (pitch, volume), and how long the note is played for. If you record all of your drums on one track, the MIDI information only reads that there was a note played on the first beat, not that there was a bass drum and a snare. Those would be sent via MIDI separately, hence the multiple tracks.

You can record multiple notes at once for other instruments because, for instance, the guitar would all be output as 'guitar' instead of 'guitar and drum'. Make sense at all?

Hope it helps.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG-321
Schecter Damien 6

Amps:
Kustom 12 Gauge
Last edited by marcus00 at Mar 23, 2007,