http://doubleman.dmusic.com/
Ok this is pretty much my first recording.
Its the beginning of a song im working on.

The rythm is double tracked (one take on the left and a second take on the right).
For a better sound make sure you listen with headphones :P

Please comment and give me a link so i can crit yours.
Its good, real good, some very nice whammy bar use as with in your lydian one. I didn't think the part at the end was too bad....

I have a feeling you've already critted mine but if not the prog rock one in my sig.
this is awesome man, id love to see you expand on it. i love the melody in the beginning, and the note at 15 seconds in hits me really hard, who knows why though. those first 20 seconds are just plain great in general. that first shred lick sounds really solid, i thought some of the tapping parts were kinda sloppy, but not bad at all. the last part of it didnt seem to have the same feeling or impact as the beginning, but youve got some great ideas to work with here. keep up the good work man
heres some of my stuff if youre interested
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=547164
Thanks man And just so you all know this stuff isnt gonna be in the actuall song.
I will re record the lead (ofcourse i will leave the melodic ideas) and the drummer in a band i gonna play with might record some drums for me.
Hey man, not a bad track. The lead could be tightened up just a little when you do your fast licks, and the odd bend is a little off, but not bad at all. Cool dynamics at the end too
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
Not sure if you made a mistake or youre talking about something else but the thing at the end is called harmonics

As said before i will rerecord this when im done writing but im putting all the tips together.

I can write melodys over and over but im stuck at the rythm.
Theres is going to be an insane breakdown , buckethead style but i dont know what more to add to it.
Ideas?
Dynamics is basically the volume at which you play something for a certain feel.... I thought the volume you did the last harmonic thing at the end was cool compared to the dynamics of the rest of the song..
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

Ok man.
I know what dynamics are , i just thought that you mixed up the names (realy sorry).
Its not gonna be there though, maybe ,dont know yet.
So could you please help me with what i asked in my prev, post.

EDIT: actually you gave me a good idea i think.
What about repeating the the same pattern one more time and then after the harmonic braking into somekind of shred solo using that nasty tone
I gonna try that tommorow-
Last edited by Evil_Magician at Mar 23, 2007,
Hm.. I'll mess around on my guitar soon and see if I can think of anything for the rhythem. I'll let you know.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

Man for the amount of time that you play, it's great! The composition itself sounds very nice and the playing is amazing for someone who plays for only 1.5 years
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Just straight guitar-----pc---guitar tracks 3.0 ----Green Machine II VST
Still writing the song , not stressing it to much though.

Thanks

PS. I already crit your song.
very impressive. the initial rhythm riff felt a little generic but still solid. lead was very nice. i loved the fast shred lick. a quick burst of speed like that sounds great. really caught me off guard. nice playing and nice recording quality. i would say expand on this for sure. its a solid piece.

please crit mine when you have a chance: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8931119#post8931119