Does anyone else agree that Joe Satriani is by far the best Technical Player I sure do. Can anyone play the one handed arpeggio up to speed like him ? sry if this is the wrong forum
i shall be seeing that live tomorrow at G3

Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
Shred Forum would be better.
I prefer John Petrucci, though neither of them are the best technically. Shawn Lane and Paul Gilbert would probably be the closest to technical perfection, but I don't know.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
yeah this is the kinda thread that appears in the shred forums often, they don't usually lead to any good discussions though. Usually people just wind up repeating the smae stuff over and over.

Joe Satriani is not the most technically capable player around, Gilbert, Buckethead and Ygnwie might be the people to give that title to.
Quote by Prophet of Page
If Hendrix, Clapton and Page were to jam, the most impressive guitarist playing would be Paul Gilbert.

Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

member of the Mitch Hedberg pwns club pm Knives490 to join
Never got the whole technical guitar playing thing. I just like music and playing that sounds pleasing to the ear, not that which theoretically sounds the best or whatever you know.
i disagree, and this thread is pointless
Quote by krymson
I hope that we could get some real metal out there. I guess A7X a start...
But nu metal does have its moments like Slipknot Mushroomhead and Korn.

Quote by VR2005
...Scales are basically the most useless thing in jazz...

Quote by Longshanks
Never got the whole technical guitar playing thing. I just like music and playing that sounds pleasing to the ear, not that which theoretically sounds the best or whatever you know.

You're missing out. Have you ever listened to Satriani? You cannot say that his playing doesn't sound pleasing.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Quote by Ænimus Prime
You're missing out. Have you ever listened to Satriani? You cannot say that his playing doesn't sound pleasing.

+1

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hAY3WeZovGk

I love that song.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
Take it to the shred forum! woo woo.
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.