Such as the RR3. Wouldn't something like mahogany be more fitting for a purely heavy metal guitar like this? I'm just curious...
Maybe just to give them a different tone than 90% of the metal guitars out there that use mahogany? And the alder is really sweet for leads IMO.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Last edited by fatboythin at Mar 23, 2007,
Quote by fatboythin
Maybe just to give them a different tone that 90% of the metal guitars out there that use mahogany? And the alder is really sweet for leads IMO.

Good point...I also just thought of something with the V shaped guitars. Its pretty annoying to play them sitting down so I think alot of people play them while standing and I think alder weighs considerably less than mahogany. Maybe they took that into consideration? Who knows..
because they were the first superstrats, and mahogany was really only used on les pauls and SGs back then. i dunno, they're trying to stand out? alder's cheaper?
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by fatboythin
Maybe just to give them a different tone that 90% of the metal guitars out there that use mahogany? And the alder is really sweet for leads IMO.
Yeah Different woods have different tones and those guitars are best if used for highs and mids, while mahongany (which is heavier) is good for lows and mids.
V's are comfy to play sitting down. Just use the classical position.
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Quote by fatboythin

I Wouldn't say that 90% of metal guitarist use Mahogany, Id say that maybe about 50-60% maximum, Alder has a great metal tone, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Van Halen, Dragonforce, Randy Rhoads and Alexi Laiho all use alder almost exclusively.
Aren't the S series and Iceman guitars that Dragonforce use made from mahogany?

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Quote by fatboythin
Aren't the S series and Iceman guitars that Dragonforce use made from mahogany?

Sam used a RR3 for quite a while, he just recently started using an iceman.
jackson uses alder because it grows out of their ass, and if they dont use it, their sewer systems will blow up from all the alder trees. . . thats why.

I honestly have no idea why, but they do, so deal with it
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Some of Soloists are made of mahogany but IMO alder Jacksons are really good. I have DK-2 and this guitar is better than guitars much more expensive and has better sound...
I think if Every guitar maker used the same kind of wood they would all just sound the same... use different wood to sound different and BE different!!! or like Tubadude said, They have it growin out of their ass!!!!
Prong =
Quote by Zofar
I Wouldn't say that 90% of metal guitarist use Mahogany, Id say that maybe about 50-60% maximum, Alder has a great metal tone, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Van Halen, Dragonforce, Randy Rhoads and Alexi Laiho all use alder almost exclusively.

yeah i love the sound of alder, much crisper then mahogany IMO (as well as being brighter and all the rest that its commonly associated with)

i prefer the crunchy metal tone you can get rather then the smoother bassier tone thats easier to find on a mahogany guitar
Quote by Diamond Dave
yeah i love the sound of alder, much crisper then mahogany IMO (as well as being brighter and all the rest that its commonly associated with)

i prefer the crunchy metal tone you can get rather then the smoother bassier tone thats easier to find on a mahogany guitar

+1
Another good question would be : How come every frickin Jackson has a Frickin Bolt-on neck?, the Answer? Cuz Fender bought Jackson a couple years back............I wouldnt mind Jackson so much if they'd just make at least one guitar with a Thru-Neck?!?!?!.............ERGGGG
There's nothing wrong with a bolt on neck... They're just different, not worse or something.
Ibanez ARC300DVS plugged into a Valve Jr. with a 1x12 custom Ear Candy cab and a blues driver. (Too many guitars to list.)

My Soundclick
Quote by SG5533
Another good question would be : How come every frickin Jackson has a Frickin Bolt-on neck?, the Answer? Cuz Fender bought Jackson a couple years back............I wouldnt mind Jackson so much if they'd just make at least one guitar with a Thru-Neck?!?!?!.............ERGGGG

jackson do make thru-neck, most USA models are Thru neck.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
Quote by smoke63b
There's nothing wrong with a bolt on neck... They're just different, not worse or something.

+!. a good bolt on can be just as comfy and good as a neck thru
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
I would definitely prefer a bolt on neck. That way, if the neck breaks, the whole guitar isn't FUBAR.

I mean, this kinda thing usually doesn't happen if you're careful, but accidents happen. I especially wouldn't want a thru-neck on the anorexic Wizard necks of the Ibanez RGs.
Last edited by LordBattlecrisp at Mar 24, 2007,
Quote by SG5533

enter teh soloist...

the guitar that defined the thru-neck
I mean, this kinda thing usually doesn't happen if you're careful, but accidents happen. I especially wouldn't want a thru-neck on the anorexic Wizard necks of the Ibanez RGs.

I agree, I have one and it seems solid enough, but maybe after some extreme gigging and hitting it against various things whilst jumping about like a maniac I feel it may take some 'damage' as to say. Plus I need to take it off to refinish mine
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Contrary to popular belief, Alder sounds ****in' sweet with distortion. Don't let the fact Strats are made of it put you off
I like alder better then mahogany for metal.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10