hey im looking to get a guitar for playing metal/hard rock for between 300-400 pound english sterling (not weight, my keyboard doesnt have the pound sign)
im after a mahogany body if any can help.
thanks
Look at Jackson's, Esps's, and B.C. Rich's, those are pretty good, but if you're a Dime-Hard fan of Dimebag(No, I am not one personally), you can't go wrong with the Dean Razorbacks
lol i actually thought u were looking for a guitar weighing 200 to 300 pounds haha.....
I should get off crack......
Epi les paul standard does me well for both of those genres HOWEVER its not for everyone as it weighs a tonne and has a fat neck. So ive your of the small hand variety, try an ibanez or esp. personally i'd go for an S470 but thats just me. www.gak.co.uk, have a browse.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
hey thanks i already have an ibanez s470 quiltied maple top and i love it but i alway keep it in standard tuning id love it if i could just tune it to drop D and then back to standard when i wanted but thats why i wanted another guitar one to keep in dropp D for metal and the other in standard.
i cant justify sending that much on the a maple top s470 just for a knock around metal axe.
thanks guys.
^ not quite, but it's getting there.

If I were you I'd look into some Ibanez RGs, like second hand RG550/570/750/770s
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
what do you mean by metal and hard rock? what's your amp? what's your current guitar?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ibanez S520EX, pure metal axe (maybe a pickup upgrade will be needed)
MY GEARS:
Ibanez S520EX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul w/ Killswitch
Fender 12-string Acoustic
Fender Champion300 (to be changed soon to a Tube Amp)
Ibanez TS-9 Overdrive pedal
Boss PW-10 pedal