i skipped school this morning, and i went to bed. i put a playlist of led zeppelin 1, 2, 3, 4, and hoth, and fell asleep with it on. i fell asleep, but i was like completely conscious of the music the entire time, and when i woke up after the last song played, i seriously felt like i had witnessed something no one else has. i woke up in a sort of shock, and ever since this morning my outlook on life seems totally different.
anyway, i figured i'd recommend this to everyone. it seems like i'd never been able to fully appreciate led zeppelin's music until now.
Led Zeppelin - you have to be unconscious to like it.

I've never had anything freaky happen to me after listening to music.

Except breaking down and crying like a baby every time I hear the Pulse Comfortably Numb solo
« »
Last edited by Burpin'Worm at Mar 23, 2007,
oh heres to my satan the one whose little toolshed would make me suffer whose power is satan..
hey now ^.....
what sort of new outlook?
CO-Founder of the Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or RIC4003 to join

Member#15 of the RushClub
and Alex Lifesons biggest fan

Pm Maet to join

Proud Member of the Yes Club
Pm TheHeartbreaker to join
Congratulation my friend - I experience the same thing whenever I listen to all the songs in The Armory Wars saga in order. (That's almost all the Coheed and Cambria songs plus The Prizefighter Inferno - it's one ubermassive rock opera.) Concept albums FTW!!
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
I've always wanted to be able to understand life better. I read the Bhagavad Gita, but it didn't really hit anything, or light anything up. I might try to read it again, maybe try to understand it a bit more.
Quote by Burpin'Worm

lmao zeppelin have been owned
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Beating the elderly is a big favourite of mine. Also, pushing kids over and kicking pregnant women in the womb is fun.

Right now we're called 'Various Artists' just to fuck over people with iPods
Quote by Burpin'Worm

I don't listen that much to led zeppelin but I'll try the unconscious trick
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████

I've never had anything freaky happen to me after listening to music.

Except breaking down and crying like a baby every time I hear the Pulse Comfortably Numb solo

lmao not a fan then?
^no, i believe it is soo beautiful, insantaneous weeping must follow
CO-Founder of the Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or RIC4003 to join

Member#15 of the RushClub
and Alex Lifesons biggest fan

Pm Maet to join

Proud Member of the Yes Club
Pm TheHeartbreaker to join
Quote by phillikesguitar
lmao not a fan then?

Of Zep or Pink Floyd?
Edit:
Quote by timmEH

Yup.
« »
Last edited by Burpin'Worm at Mar 23, 2007,
Maybe the only reason you fell to sleep was because you were listening to Led Zeppelin.

That Zeppelin thing really wouldn't wash with me, because I can't stand them.

I would try it with the Beatles collection, but even I can't sleep that long
Quote by timmEH

i concur. i shall now place floyd onto my sterio and chillax to its immenseness
Oh that solo. I love it so much. Thanks for just mentioning it, now to listen for the thousandth time.
So is it the general concencus then that Pink Floyd are possibly collectively one of the most favoured bands by UGers then?
Sorry threadstarter I seem to have de-railed your thread.

How's your outlook changed?
« »
I sometimes listen to Jeff Buckley live at Sin-e with headphones, before I fall asleep. It really makes me appreciate how brilliant it is, and it can produce some strange emotions/feelings etc when I listen to it.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
well its like i used to have goals in life, but now after listening to it im like 'wow, i dont need to have a great job and money or get a family or anything to live the rest of my life being happy, because that's not what life is about. i have no freaking idea what it's about, but its not about goals. so im gonna drift through life until i find something that life IS about, and do that. and if i never find anything, at least i'll have this OMFG amazing music to help me know what it feels like to know something about the meaning of life.'

yea it sounds like zeppelin just ruined my life, doesnt it? at least im glad it did.
Yup.

wow, one of the most beautiful thing I have witness in all my life
Ibanez SR405
Ibanez RG 7321
Windsong with floyd rose and dimebucker

Ibanez tbx65 guitar amp
yamaha 300 watt bass amp

I use heavy pick, cuz this is how we do it dawg
I listened to Pink Floyd's the wall last night. BUt i just woke up the same i think...as far as i know.
I'm about to commence listening of Dark Side of the Moon.

Any orgasm music on there? I've never listened to it before, I mean.. I've heard it.. but never listened.
Quote by olif8

I would try it with the Beatles collection, but even I can't sleep that long

try it with Zappa. should be good for a month at least.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by JamMan*
I'm about to commence listening of Dark Side of the Moon.

Any orgasm music on there? I've never listened to it before, I mean.. I've heard it.. but never listened.
Listen to it with headphones, it's much better, especially On The Run. The Time solo's another orgasm-inducer.
Quote by ST-XeMo
wow, one of the most beautiful thing I have witness in all my life

I'm always whoring that vid out 'cause I like it so much.
« »
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
well its like i used to have goals in life, but now after listening to it im like 'wow, i dont need to have a great job and money or get a family or anything to live the rest of my life being happy, because that's not what life is about. i have no freaking idea what it's about, but its not about goals. so im gonna drift through life until i find something that life IS about, and do that. and if i never find anything, at least i'll have this OMFG amazing music to help me know what it feels like to know something about the meaning of life.'

yea it sounds like zeppelin just ruined my life, doesnt it? at least im glad it did.

So basically it opened your eyes to slacking?
I did the same thing on a cross-country road trip with pink floyd, 17 hour drive, I just got in the way back, switched the iPod to "Pink Floyd - All" and played all their albums in chronological order, Piper all the way to The Division Bell (Including their symphonic variations :S).

Warning: Ummagumma will give you nightmares.
Quote by phillikesguitar
^ Floyd > nearly every one else

Pretty much.....I wonder what listening to The Wall would be like while sleeping?....A dream version of The Trial would be ****ing trippy.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
i skipped school this morning, and i went to bed. i put a playlist of led zeppelin 1, 2, 3, 4, and hoth, and fell asleep with it on. i fell asleep, but i was like completely conscious of the music the entire time, and when i woke up after the last song played, i seriously felt like i had witnessed something no one else has. i woke up in a sort of shock, and ever since this morning my outlook on life seems totally different.
anyway, i figured i'd recommend this to everyone. it seems like i'd never been able to fully appreciate led zeppelin's music until now.

Whenever I leave the radio on I hear it in my dreams (when I have them), I don't know, it's probably some sort of subconscious thing.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
i listened to the wall one night, then to some nine inch nails followed by some of the butthole surfers and when i woke up for some reason, i just really wanted to be a builder
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
#15 Ramones Worshipper RAMONES PM hardrock1315 to join.
I did the same thing with Mr Bungle.

I'm now in a straightjacket.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.

Enlightened you say?
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Last edited by metal4all at Mar 23, 2007,
I fell asleep listening to Agalloch's Ashes Against the Grain once. When I woke up, I felt really refreshed.
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
^ i never got the line 'it's just a spring clean for the may queen.' who the hell is the may queen?

Oh come on. It's obviously about a young girls first period.

It's the bustle in her hedgerow.
I Dig Music.

Quote by insideac

Okie, I like you too