Why? You have a Crafter Dreadnough model 8 in your gear list. Not the greatest guitar in the world, but surely no £150,- guitar would be nearly as good. Why don't you consider having electronics fitted to that one? Your budget can get you a much better pickup and EQ if you don't have to buy a crappy guitar along with it.
Quote by Marcel Veltman
Why? You have a Crafter Dreadnough model 8 in your gear list. Not the greatest guitar in the world, but surely no £150,- guitar would be nearly as good. Why don't you consider having electronics fitted to that one? Your budget can get you a much better pickup and EQ if you don't have to buy a crappy guitar along with it.

Because I want a guitar with a cutaway, and also I don't know about getting holes drilled in my guitar. I saved up for that guitar for ages.
To be able to conveniently finger the high notes it's good to have a cutaway. If you think however, like some people seem to do, that a cutaway is required to electrify a guitar you are mistaking. The vast majority of electric/acoustics does have a cutaway, and this is often how they can be distinguished from the unelectrified models, but it is no way a necessary feature. Electronics will work perfectly in a full body guitar.
Having an aftermarket installation retrofitted is not a big deal. I would not recomment it to do it yourself, but to a professional luithier it is a routine job that will not cost you a fortune.

But if you insist. I have a Crafter GA8/BK. It has a cutaway, electronics and I will part of it for £150,- (shipping not included)
Quote by Marcel Veltman
To be able to conveniently finger the high notes it's good to have a cutaway. If you think however, like some people seem to do, that a cutaway is required to electrify a guitar you are mistaking. The vast majority of electric/acoustics does have a cutaway, and this is often how they can be distinguished from the unelectrified models, but it is no way a necessary feature. Electronics will work perfectly in a full body guitar.
Having an aftermarket installation retrofitted is not a big deal. I would not recomment it to do it yourself, but to a professional luithier it is a routine job that will not cost you a fortune.

But if you insist. I have a Crafter GA8/BK. It has a cutaway, electronics and I will part of it for £150,- (shipping not included)

No I don' think a cutaway is required, I just haven't seen any acoustic guitars with no electronics that have a cutaway and as I was going to buy a guitar with a cutaway I may as well get an electro-acoustic. I'll think about getting electronics installed but what electronics do you recommend?
There you have me. I don't really know a lot about it. These Fisman Acoustic Matrix seem to be a good deal to me. They perform well and don't require a big square hole in the side of your guitar, which makes fitting a piece of cake. Out of the package they cost $150,-, but I would be surprised if the people at a serious music shop wouldn't offer to build it in into your guitar for no extra charge.
But then again; I really don't have the expertise. Maybe it's a good idea to start a whole new thread specifically asking what will be a good aftermarket pre-amp/piezo system.