well... i was just wondering if i could "mod" my squier to lose some hum without turning off the amp and investing money on it. is it possible??
Quote by MedicreDemon
I've never heard this "Eruption" song.

Quote by srvman
^^^ but surely putting a flower on your guitar wouldnt be that stupid, or is a floyd rose like a stupid colour or something?
My gear:
Jackson DK2M
Squier Std Stratocaster
Frontman 15R
Digitech RP300A
Quote by 7PlaGues
you can get shielding tape to hel preduce hum. i would check out the pots to make sure one isnt shorted out or emitting low ohms. you can also replace the selector switch and pots to help reduce hum. replace the wiring with a heavier gauge, possibly .22

so tell me.. how i do it? (all of it) thanks in advance
Quote by MedicreDemon

Quote by srvman
^^^ but surely putting a flower on your guitar wouldnt be that stupid, or is a floyd rose like a stupid colour or something?
My gear:
Jackson DK2M
Squier Std Stratocaster
Frontman 15R
Digitech RP300A
Noiseless are the easiest choice, then come humbuckers, and then shielding.
Usually, small custom shops will do it for you
Turn the gain down...
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by zekk
Turn the gain down...

have you ever played a strat?
Quote by I'm_Guitarded
yea, but perhaps this was meant to be...
there could be a handful of stoners somewhere in Jersey that are on the verge of creating a new metal...a new thrash metal...

...or were all screwed =]

Deluxe Ash Strat MIA '96+DynatouchIII Deluxe900
7PlaGues :
"i would check out the pots to make sure one isnt shorted out or emitting low ohms"

how can i do it? with a multimeter or something?

i've opened the strat and it seems like it isn't well shielded to the body. aparently it's "falling". disconnecting a litle (sorry about the english). it had a lot of dirty and it seemed to me that the pots arent well connected with the jack. not sure about it though.
Quote by MedicreDemon

Quote by srvman
My gear:
Jackson DK2M
Squier Std Stratocaster
Frontman 15R
Digitech RP300A
Shield the cavity, pot the pickups, consider a humbucker or sc sized hb. Check your wiring as well, namely grounding.
Quote by ClickClick
have you ever played a strat?

Yesser, but I still would susgest that he turn down the gain if he's sometihng like metal or harder rock. If its clean, shealding...
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by zekk
Yesser, but I still would susgest that he turn down the gain if he's sometihng like metal or harder rock. If its clean, shielding...

Fixed
Definitely look at proper star grounding and shielding your cavities and pickguard. Some of the less expensive pickups are notorious for being very hummy, the only solution here is a pickup upgrade. Combine this with good shielding and star grounding and you'll have one of the quietest Strats around.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
hey thanks a lot guys!
so i'll shield the body cavities. if any question cross my mind i'll come back lol
Quote by MedicreDemon

Quote by srvman
My gear:
Jackson DK2M
Squier Std Stratocaster
Frontman 15R
Digitech RP300A