Could it handle heavy rock if i put my boss ds-1 distortion pedal in front of it, as i might buy it because i hear it also has nice cleans and i cant afford a mesa boogie combo, for the hard rock tones.
thanks
I tried the amp out about a week ago, I knew it being a Fender it's OD may not be much. However when I turned it up, I was really surprised it had a fairly nice OD. If you do stuff like classic rock, the amp itself should do alright. If you want to go heavier, a pedal would do the trick.

However I wouldn't use a DS-1 (i'd look into a nicer OD or fuzz pedal), but that's just me. It'll work though...
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
^ agree! A boss distortion pedal is very trebelish, so is fender amps. try a rat instead

and I´m actually trying too buy one too
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
yeh i like modern harder distortion. i do respect the drive channel of the fender and i know it would very good 4 classic rock, just not rely my type of music. I just think that as its a tube, it would work well with my ds-1 which i love, and can get a warm or trebley sound out of it with a bit of fiddling.
It's not made for hard rock, look elsewhere.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
hey, I use that amp for just that purpose. No matter what people say about fender and distortion, if you get a good pedal like a muff or a rat, trust me it will be able to handle almost anything in the world except for metal. Great cleans, and great distortion if used right!
Founder of the Trombone>Sax>all club, pm me my fellow 'boners!!

we hit harder than anyone else. Ug's lacrosse club, pm me or hrdcorelaxplaya to join!
I agree with the proper pedal it should do hard rock. However as bob311 stated if metal is your thing, this may not be the right amp.

But everything else including hard rock, I think should be fine, just get a really nice pedal to complement the amp.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows