hi there. Ive been playing for a while, but way shape or form am i an expert. Today, i noticed my three single coil pickups rock side to side. Is this normal. Im getting worried as ive lost my job, and it would suck to have to fork out on new pickups or a new guitar.cheers
my humbuckers move a lil in the cavities (no pguard.) Is that normal?
Quote by roast
Cool, thanks Lagrance.

Randall Rx15
Ibanez Rg321Mh
Musima 25K Deluxe
Zoom 505 II
a) what kindof guitar is it??
and b) take a screwdriver and check if the screws on the sides of the pickups are fastened. if not tighten them until the pickups stay in place.

its not necessarily a bad thing tho. it wont hurt your sound or anything. so you wont have to buy a new guitar whatsoever.

however if it bothers you, you can take off the pickguard, which is really easy. just remember that there are wires on the knobs side that go through the guitar so you cant really take the pickguard off entirely you have to flip it.
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Usually pickups are only held in by one screw on each side, and then a spring or a rubber sleeve to maintain tension. A little side-to-side rocking is fine as long as they aren't REALLY loose.
Hi, I'm Peter
its a bhringer ( i know, its shameful but cheap), 3 single coil picups, 22 frets, black finish. It really is a poor strat copy
i wouldnt worry about it too much, how much do they move?

try tightening the screws at either side of your pickups, i dont know what type of guitar you have but on mine the screws are attached to the pickups with a spring in between behind the scratchplate, if these are really loose your pickups will sit lower. if you tighten them it should raise them up a bit and the shouldnt wobble as much, but dont raise them to high or they will sound terrible.
My friend has a similar guitar, you should remove the pickguard , his guitar was such a shoddy job that his springs under the pickups were all under one pickup and the others kept falling in .p
Quote by roast
Cool, thanks Lagrance.

Randall Rx15
Ibanez Rg321Mh
Musima 25K Deluxe
Zoom 505 II
just checked mine, i can wobble mine around but nothing major, remember they are only held on with a screw it either side, so i would say it was normal
if they run away you got a problem...
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Yes.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
bad humour on UG
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!