Poll: Have you been asked to play the Seinfeld riff?
Poll Options
View poll results: Have you been asked to play the Seinfeld riff?
Yes!
27 53%
No...
24 47%
Voters: 51.
Have you been aksed to play the Seinfeld riff?

Because im pretty sure that, almost everyone who ownes a bass, has been asked that question... Am I right?
PICTURE YOURSELF IN A BOAT ON A RIVER
WITH TANGERINE TREES AND MARMALADE SKIES...
what riff is that one? (i probably know it as something else)
Vintage VRS100 Custom 24
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Harley Benton HBR7-450FRBK (7 string)
Tanglewood Nevada FST 36
Hughes & Kettner ATS MKII
Vox Tonelab SE
Sennheiser E285 S
Danelectro free Speech Talk Box
It is a slap bass line. It comes on the start and when they switch scenes and at the end.
The clock strikes midnight
When tomorrow and today collide
The moon is at its highest
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....

Victor Gutierrez
Yes ive been asked to play it, i just played some little slap riff and they were satisfied. But did you know it was actually played on a keyboard.
Quote by Pink_Floyd89
Hey baby, is that a mirror in your pocket or am I stabbing you repeatedly in the face?

The Slick Fingers of the Bass Malitia, PM IndieMetalHead to join

You don't own shit.
nope. i dont know anyone that watches it regularly enough to know/care
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
Quite a few times actually. I downloaded the Ptab, oughta get around to actually learning.
Quote by X Alkaline 3
I dared a Jew to throw rocks at Hitler when he was a young boy..

Never knew he'd take it to heart like that.

iScrobbler

Psalms 62:8
Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.
I've got an even better one; a friend of a friend picked up my fretless, strung with Rotosound Swing Bass, and started slapping like a madman. The sound of the stainless steel strings hitting the bare wood is a sound I never want to hear again. I bet the sound of my fist going through his head is something he never wants to hear again.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
well i live in the uk

and assuming its an US programe no one has asked me

been asked to play love rollercoaster tho thats gd :P
It was played on keyboard? Hmm, I knew that slap bass sound was a bit too strange...
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by Lessthanbass22
Yes ive been asked to play it, i just played some little slap riff and they were satisfied. But did you know it was actually played on a keyboard.

Wow, I learn something new every day. Now that you said that, I remember that on my friend's electric piano/keyboard I can switch to a slap bass function, and I can get almost the exact same sound out of it.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.