Page 1 of 3
Hey there wasn't a thread dedicated to the swedish shredder!

Anyway Malmsteen is awesome my favorie song is either crystal ball or heaven tonite..Actually make my favorite song Making Love

no spam
Rokken With Dokken!
Last edited by Rhoads2000 at Apr 6, 2007,
Yeah Malmsteen's cool

He gets alot of crap for "not being creative" but it seems to me that thoses people are just listening to the fills in Far Beyond the Sun and not the actual theme.

My favorite song is the version of Brothers he did with the Japanese philharmonic.
"That Hidde's a cool guy" -Abe Lincoln
"Hidde? Yeah we jam all the time" -Steve Vai
"Remember that time when burt jumped out of the tree and into the river? Good times!" -Jesus

So I heard you liek profiles?
Yngwie is great but all his songs are the same.
Well there are different types of songs by him:
80s hair songslike Rising Force, Evil harmonic minor songs like now youre ships are burning,Nice memorable songs like far beyond the sun, nice songs like Black star, and some acoustic songs.

He gets boring fast.
As Above So Below is my favorite Malmsteen song. He's an amazing guitarist.

"I actually taught god how to play guitar."

sorry, couldn't help myself.

I think he's pretty good, I dislike kids that treat him like the next Clapton though
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
his Unleash the Fury cd seems like he's just showing off at this point, but it's a great cd
Quote by Prophet of Page
If Hendrix, Clapton and Page were to jam, the most impressive guitarist playing would be Paul Gilbert.

Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

member of the Mitch Hedberg pwns club pm Knives490 to join
He gets boring very fast for me. I like some of his work, but at times, I find it uninspiring and boring.
Quote by DeathDealer
you people are daft

"You rise as high as your dominant aspiration, you descend to the level of your lowest concept of yourself. Free your mind and your ass will follow." Funkadelic

Member #7 of the Peavey is Amazing Club
Quote by hamacker
He gets boring very fast for me. I like some of his work, but at times, I find it uninspiring and boring.
yes i agree with you totally, malmsteen is an awesome guitarist but he doesn't seem to add alot of variation to his songs, personally i like blue http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzW8fi8z5C8 love the way he introduces the song, makes me laugh every time
has he done any good songs that involve decent songwriting
I HATE YOU
Quote by _zac_
ill flame as much as i damn well please

suck my balls
Quote by jazza1234

Any thing off Rising Force, Malestic Blue, Concierto Suite, Trilogy Suite, Guardian Angel. just to name a few
Quote by bearded_monkey
Everytime I go into the guitar shop and ask for a G-String the shopkeeper always makes that TERRIBLE joke about it not being an underwear shop

So next time I go in I'm gonna ask for a thong
Quote by Witch-king
As Above So Below is my favorite Malmsteen song. He's an amazing guitarist.

+1

love the melody in that song

Quote by jazza1234

have you ever said anything more ignorant?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5JfM70unLE
Last edited by Diamond Dave at Mar 25, 2007,
Hm...the guitarists I'm influenced from are influenced from Malmsteen. But I am not directly influenced much from him. So, indirectly, he's made a big impact on me.
He doesn't fooking like donuts!

Nah, can't help myself.
Known.
Some.
Call.
Is.
Air.
Am?

Incoherent - yes.
Without meaning - I'm afraid not.

"Known some call is air am."
Which is to say-

"I am not what I used to be"
Yngwie is great. I don't get people that call him an emotionless shreder, he writes amazing stuff.
<Omri> I love trannys too..
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qvxPui7s4so

i wish i could work delay like that
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
What are peoples opinions on Yngwie's best vocalist?

I am a huge Yngwie fan by the way.
^to be honest i dont think iv ever listened to rising force for their vox....it's all about the guitar
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Yngwie is just a stupid and fat guitar tech for Petrucci. He also loves to eat.

Seriously though, I think he is aweseome. Oh, and Trilogy>all.
[22:33] ben: Yesterday I was gonna eat a shitload of candy but I forgot.
hmm trilogy is great, but i personally prefer Marching Out.

and Odyssey had its moments as well
I can't believe I forgot about Concerto Suite. That album just pwns all over the place. I swear I must have listened to the whole thing at least 100 times by now.
I love Seventh Sign. Who's the vocalist who sings for that? I think he has a good voice. In fact, the Symphony X singer sounded a hell of a lot like him when he was younger.
Rising Force is still his greatest. I hope his new album will have more instrumentals. Thats wher he's best. Rising Force and Concierto Suite are pretty good evidence of that
Quote by bearded_monkey
Everytime I go into the guitar shop and ask for a G-String the shopkeeper always makes that TERRIBLE joke about it not being an underwear shop

^If you like his instrumentals so much you should check out his Instrumental Best album. Its choc full of great songs.
Quote by Amart
^If you like his instrumentals so much you should check out his Instrumental Best album. Its choc full of great songs.

but its all old stuff. he needs put out more new instrumentals
Quote by bearded_monkey

I really like Yngwie alot. Hes very good and I dont really get where people get this "hes a dick!" thing from. Does anyone know how to go about getting a tone similar to his?
Quote by crazylaughboy
I really like Yngwie alot. Hes very good and I dont really get where people get this "hes a dick!" thing from. Does anyone know how to go about getting a tone similar to his?

you could buy his signature guitar and spend 30 years trying to play the hardest arpeggios as fast as you can... and what really defines his tone is arrogance... having lots of that really, really helps....

I like Yngwie a lot--I listen to Rising Force four or five times a week--but he's pretty arrogant....
I love Yngwie's style even though he seems to stick to the harmonic scale. It's nice, I love the obvious classical influence.
Yngwie is amazing <3 Everyone says that he is an egomaniac but I saw him live and talked to him and his wife, they are very nice, humble people. He has an awesome sense of humor. Also, I owe him alot. If it hadnt been for him and his music, I wouldnt have cared much about guitar, and I probably would have quit by now.
Quote by fixationdarknes
I love Seventh Sign. Who's the vocalist who sings for that? I think he has a good voice. In fact, the Symphony X singer sounded a hell of a lot like him when he was younger.

Mike Vescera was the singer on Seventh Sign
yea i like Mike Vescera alot, but personally i prefer the stuff Yngwie did with Jeff Scott and Joe Lynn Turner.

nice video btw
How's his stuff with Alcatrazz? Never really heard any of it.
I really dont see why we need to "dedicate" theads to artists and make ones for them because noone already has. Don't we have enough threads to do those jobs already?

Bah, people seem to like them so. So I'll just avoid.
'At its best, it represents total freedom of musical expression, unfettered by technical limitations.'-Guthrie Govan on shredding
has anybody got his cookbook yet.its great
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by crazylaughboy

go buy his signature strat with a scalloped fretboard, use .08 gauge string for your G,B, and high E, and .09 for your low E, A, and D, strings and then tune them down a half step and have fun trying to play after that.

Serisouly though, Yngwie's a amazing. I saw a video spoof of his cookbook on youtube, it was pretty funny, but does he really have a cookbook out? i might have to buy it if he does, just for shits and giggles.
Quote by Prophet of Page
If Hendrix, Clapton and Page were to jam, the most impressive guitarist playing would be Paul Gilbert.

Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

member of the Mitch Hedberg pwns club pm Knives490 to join
Page 1 of 3