I need help with the program. I was wondering why when i import a MIDI file its all there but i dont hear any sound when i play it. Any body have any ideas?

Thanks.
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
up near the main volume control there are 2 check boxes, play around with those. that might do it.
It wont let me click them.

WHat im trying to do is i exported a song (Metallica's Creeping Death) from GuitarPro5 as a MIDI file and im trying to import that MIDI file into Fruity Loops. Everything is working except for the sound. I cant hear anything.

Quote by LedZeppelin

Quote by bendystraw
Fruity Loops (and most audio programs that I've come across) are an absolute bitch to get MIDI working. I finally managed it with Fruity Loops, no idea how though.

Why can't they just come with it set up to play MIDI?
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
i think youll have to do it track by track, and then give them each an instrument and a seperate track.

so drums will probably not export right,
i dont know, FL is so confusing. but it works great if you know what your doing.
but yeah try exporting midi files track by track in gp5

edit:guy above me, lol @ your avatar, pingu rules.
Last edited by §tratôcaster at Mar 23, 2007,
You dont have ANY idea how you figured it out?

I figured out that i can plug in sound files (i think thats what their called) from FL Slayer into the channels of the track but it really really sounds like shit.

Quote by LedZeppelin

Quote by bendystraw
It's something to do with channels, or something like that. I don't have it anymore, 'cause mt cracked version was shit, and I couldn't find a better one.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Quote by HedBanger24/7
You dont have ANY idea how you figured it out?

I figured out that i can plug in sound files (i think thats what their called) from FL Slayer into the channels of the track but it really really sounds like shit.

I don't know how to fix your problem - but one thing to prevent sounds sounding like shit aside from just bad quality.

Go to options > audio..

Make sure the buffer slider is set high enough... I know a lot of my tracks sounded like shit with a little of snaps and pops and stuff because my wasn't fast enough, and I had to up the buffer settings.

May or may not help...