i couldnt find a decent thread about this so here is one
i got my PS3 today, but i cant play Pro Evo on it, im officially gutted. does anyone know how/when i will be able to play my ps2 games on it, im told there's gonna be some kind of update.
cheers
Quote by SG5533
wth's Pro Evo??????

A football game.
Or "soccer" for you Americans.

I haven't had a chance to play it, but I don't think I'm personally going to buy one until
A) It's cheaper, and
B) There are more games that I think look good for it.
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
lol simpleton! "whats pro evo???" tut tut.

yer theres a thing coming out soon i read in paper this morning. they dont know when. but it will mean ull be able play most of your ps2 games onm it.

-chris-
thats terrible that. But i suppose its just a way of the companies making more money: bring something out that theyll have to buy in order to play their old games. Corporate bastards......
Sunderland AFC
The PS3 is terrible...could somebody explain to me why you would pay $600 for one?
Quote by Nybb
Dude, I'm going to sig myself and see if anybody notices.
Thanks fer the tip SuperBlob.................and to the threadstarter........according to Sony the PS3 can play 98% of all Ps2 and Psx games
I feel no real need to buy a ps3 till metal gear solid 4 comes out, which i will play about 60+ times, then sell it. theyre just arent that many games that look good except mgs4.
Quote by alliwant
OK, I made a bet witht his guy I know, and I lost...I now have to swallow my own man juice...is there any risk like could I get any diseases from doing this? I'm a virgin so I have no STDs...I don't think...

Answers quickly please!

Quote by SG5533
Thanks fer the tip SuperBlob.................and to the threadstarter........according to Sony the PS3 can play 98% of all Ps2 and Psx games

typical that it cant play pro evo, the one game i really want it to plaY!!!

cheers guys
And seeing as Devil May Cry 4 is no longer a Ps3 exclusive..........What hope do we have left for Sony other than Metal Gear Solid 4?
id buy it if it had a new final fantasy/ resident evil out. but due to lack of games and cost i see it as a waste of time as of right now ill wait
Quote by SG5533
......according to Sony the PS3 can play 98% of all Ps2 and Psx games

Ouch. That guy was lucky enough to get one of the 2% that doesn't work?
Quote by MightyAl
I lean towards Butthole Surfers because only a butthole would carry a surfboard around a town.

Teh Gearz:

Cruiser Stratocaster
Feng Ling G15 Amplifier
Digitech Grunge Pedal
Daphon E20PH Phaser Pedal
Quote by SG5533
And seeing as Devil May Cry 4 is no longer a Ps3 exclusive..........What hope do we have left for Sony other than Metal Gear Solid 4?

The New Gran-Turismo

and just for clarification on pricing, A Blu-ray disc player will cost you over $1000, where as the PS2 costs only $600....it's pretty much a steal when you look at it that way.
Half-Life 2 is supposed to be an upcoming title aswell. Although I read it rather a long time ago.

I want one just for MGS4.
Quote by SG5533

They took out backwards compatability for the UK europe launch.

American machines can play PS2 games, those in Yeovil, UK, can't.

If I remember correctly.

And we pay more.
Quote by ClaptonWannabe
They took out backwards compatability for the UK europe launch.

American machines can play PS2 games, those in Yeovil, UK, can't.

If I remember correctly.

And we pay more.

sony is REALLY screwing the UK over....$600 for no backwards compatabilty???? they removed stuff and its still more...that is complete bullshit.
Do you have the Japanese one?? I think if it's Japanese then you can't play the game or something...that's why I just buy the PS3 one's for mine
Quote by schecter_elite
But yeah, do some moshing at a fall out boy concert, it's fricken awsome.
Quote by SuperBlob
A football game.
Or "soccer" for you Americans.

I haven't had a chance to play it, but I don't think I'm personally going to buy one until
A) It's cheaper, and
B) There are more games that I think look good for it.

i hope you mean 'futbol' you captian david colbert america... ice cream
Totally off topic, but nice to see someone else on these boards from somerset YTFC forever.