Hi ....just wanted to know ...do any of you guys suffer from pain in the palm after playing for barre chords or anything that requires pressure using the thumb ?

Im not talking about callouses ....im gettin this irritatin pain in my palm ..ive been playing for a couple of years now and it still prevails....is it normal ?
i did when i started playing, or learned something new, its normal, it will go away
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
I know what you're talking about, threadstarter.

I had that a lot while playing..are you anchoring? That caused me a whole bunch of pain and when I stopped, it went away.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
I never had pain in my palm when I started using barre chords...it's probobly just me though...
I used to get it when I was still a beginner at barré chords. But you say that you have been plaing for a couple of years and that the pain still doesn't prevail, so I'm guessing you're doing something wrong, have you checked with other guitarists?
You are currently reading my sig.

"Ah yeah, ah yeah, ah, ah, ah. Ah yeah, ah yeah, ah, ah, ah." - Robert Plant
You masturbated too much.

But really >_> Jinskee I think he means his left hand. I think I read about someone else with the same problem. It still prevails after a couple years? O_o I've never had this problem, maybe you're doing it weirdly.