right now i have the line 6 spider III 75 watts, and ive had it for about 3 months. i used to think it was pretty cool, but now im really starting to dislike it. does anyone know a good amp for playing thrash metal? specificaly a metallica-like sound? also i dont want to spend more than $300-$400 on an amp or a combination of an amp and pedals.
Why would you spend the money on something else in that same beginners price range? Save up man....deal with the spider until you can get something worth while. Seriously...Nothing in that range is going to be a miraculous step up from the Spider.

Cube is basically a spider with some different tones...same basic idea....dont waste your time.

Save up for a JCM 800 if you want thrash...
Last edited by Crimson_Eve at Apr 20, 2007,
Quote by Crimson_Eve
Why would you spend the money on something else in that same beginners price range? Save up man....deal with the spider until you can get something worth while. Seriously...Nothing in that range is going to be a miraculous step up from the Spider.

Cube is basically a spider with some different tones...same basic idea....dont waste your time.

Save up for a JCM 800 if you want thrash...

What if he's like 13 and has no job, the only money he gets is tops of £5 a week from is parents?

Cube is the way dude but NOT the 15
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
What if he's like 13 and has no job, the only money he gets is tops of £5 a week from is parents?

Then its going to take a while.....but if he buys something equal in quality and sound he is just going to be asking the same question in another 6 months....

Trust me man....dont bother wasting the cash...save some money up and get something that you will actually like playing.
Quote by Yngwi3

Then he might as well wait for his birthday.

It's NEVER helpful when you say, "I'll buy this shitty amp now, and get a nice expensive one later" It never happens. It delays your purchase of your desired amp. Just suck it up, and save up.

$400 is a good start, save up a few more, maybe find a cab and get the windsor.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Last edited by Reincaster at Apr 21, 2007,
hmm fair enough, but best amp in that price range at that power for metal imo is the cube- i'll leave it upto him to decide weather to spend or save

I know I saved
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
peavey windsor
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Crimson_Eve
Then its going to take a while.....but if he buys something equal in quality and sound he is just going to be asking the same question in another 6 months....

Trust me man....dont bother wasting the cash...save some money up and get something that you will actually like playing.

your sig is stupid. grow up.

the cube is way better. go for a cube 30.
Quote by Arlabester

Grow up? Sure if you wanna swap one digital piece of junk for another thats fine...and if you wanna say something stupid about my sig PM me....jackass.

Threadstarted.....the Cube, Spider, and Valvetronix are are in the same class.... the Valvetronix is probably the best of the 3.

Dont listen to people like this guy who clearly have nothing relevent or thoughtful to say. I havent played a Windsor yet but I hear great things....I'd go check one out if you get the chance.http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Windsor-Tube-Amp-Head?sku=481331
Good luck man...and keep saving.
Why hasnt the Randall Rg50 being mentioned nor the RH50? Both 2 great amps that kill the Cube/Vox IMO!!! And if you dont like that distortion (Which you will) they accept pedals like Heaven accepts sinners!! (Wow that was gay!!)
Quote by Arlabester

You told a guy who is probably old enough to be your father to grow up. I lol @ u.

Windor is mucho cool, based on the JCM800 but of course is not a JCM 800 so it does sound different. I also recomend trying the new mesa express amps, awesome and decently affordable compared to some other amps. Not cheap ass chinese junk like the cubes.

Apolgies for my stern opionions, If I or anyhting I have said has offended you, well too ****ing bad
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
Quote by SGKIDD
You told a guy who is probably old enough to be your father to grow up. I lol @ u.

Windor is mucho cool, based on the JCM800 but of course is not a JCM 800 so it does sound different. I also recomend trying the new mesa express amps, awesome and decently affordable compared to some other amps. Not cheap ass chinese junk like the cubes.

Apolgies for my stern opionions, If I or anyhting I have said has offended you, well too ****ing bad

so? if he says you have to like metal to like guitar is not cool (disregarding the fact that i do)
It's in my sig too. Were saying if you can't apreciate metal/solo artists you dont really have an apreciation for the instrument. I listen to jazz, and like it, I also listen to some classical fusion and some very outlandish jazz fusion, im not a fan but **** i apreciate the talent there.
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
Quote by Arlabester
so? if he says you have to like metal to like guitar is not cool (disregarding the fact that i do)

What other form of music can you infuse elements of jazz, country, classic rock, funk, psychadelic, classical and basically any other from of music on the planet together and still be true to the genre? I'm not thinking of very many other than metal. To fully appreciate the versatility and grandness of the instument something like metal is kind of a key element in doing so....so before you go saying something stupid and offering nothing relevent to the post...take a second and actually think about what things mean...