Led zeppelin is probably my favorite band, and im just curious, why do metal heads like them? i see kids at my school that will have slayer shirts on one day and zeppelin ones the next. zeppelin at its core, is a blues/hard rock band with some eastern and mythical influences, and i wouldn't call them metal at all. not that i don't think these people shouldn't be listening to led zep, (in fact i think more people should like them), im just curious what they see in them.
People can listen to more than one type of music mate.

Some people describe The Zep as a real founder of what later would be the heavy metal sound.
You can be into more than just one genre of music... Just because you enjoy metal doesn't mean that you can't enjoy Zeppelin. They also inspired very heavily the metal genre...... So that also might have something to do with it.
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
Quote by Page&HammettFan
You can be into more than just one genre of music... Just because you enjoy metal doesn't mean that you can't enjoy Zeppelin. They also inspired very heavily the metal genre...... So that also might have something to do with it.

Exactly. (Cool username btw).

I like a lot of metal and love loads of other genres.
I took a college class on history of rock and roll and he put led zeppelin in heavy rock so they aren't that far from some metal. They got good riffs that a lot of people can enjoy.
I like alot of really heavy stuff, and alot of lighter stuff, some blues, and alot of what Led Zep was founded on at its core, but I still don;t enjoy Led Zep all that much. Ocasionally I listen to them, and I do like them, but not that much...
Thanks

Looking at me username, I obviously like a tad bit of metal too. And even some newer stuff like Rise Against, Matchbox Twenty, Sum 41, all of that isn't bad (not that it's as good as CR though ).

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
Them, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Van Halen (glam metal), so yeah... A lot of people will like these bands...

Kids are also wannabes, I see tons of kids wearing shirts of bands they don't even listen to because the shirt looked cool lol.
Nothing to be said that hasn't already, really.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by -Sidewinder-
Kids are also wannabes, I see tons of kids wearing shirts of bands they don't even listen to because the shirt looked cool lol.

That's not being a wannabe.... That's wearing a shirt because it looks cool.... There's nothing wrong with it either.

Simply put, the Zep are a pre-decessor of Metal, and has some shared sounds.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
Who the hell are CR?

Edit: Oh Classic Rock
apparently UG's only type O-

Quote by Strike9

Thanks jb_designs.
They probably think led zeppelin is a clothing line... and yes I know people can enjoy more than one genre, sub-genre, etc. but most people are just poser a-holes that like to make people think they're cool by saying they listen to a band, or genre, or something and you ALL know I'm right.
Quote by duncang
Nothing to be said that hasn't already, really.

+1

I consider myself a metalhead, n i wouldnt dream of listening to Zep. ergh *shudders at the horrible thoughts*
I don't like Zep, but I'm guessing people like Led Zeppelin for the same reason they still like Black Sabbath.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Many 'metal heads' really enjoy good muscisianship. they especially like good guitarwork. due to this, they will listen to other bands in different genres that have great guitarists. I have freinds that listen to Slayer, Zeppelin, some jazz and classical, and stuff like rage againt the machine, then go back and listen to some cannibal corpse. Many metal head really know great musicianship. My fav band is Metallica, but i also love zepplein, Yes, Rush, boston, but also like Slayer, Anthrax, Testament, and iron maiden. Also, Zeppelin, along with Sabbath, is considered one the fathers of heavy metal.
Songs like Achilles Last Stand are also very appealing to metal heads. Thats the song that got me into them actually.
Nerdo-sez-bo wrote:

Bon Jovi can just **** off really.

Life is one big question when your starin at the clock
And the answers always waiting at the liquor store, 40 oz to Freedom
Last edited by LynchMobster at Mar 23, 2007,
Quote by the_white_bunny
becuase there the godfathers of metal along with black sabbath

Heehee somebody cant spell. and is stupid.
Because metalheads are born without taste. It's a terrible defect, really. Very sad.
Quote by sargasm
Because metalheads are born without taste. It's a terrible defect, really. Very sad.

yes, true. however...this being said...you DO have Mr Bowie as ur avatar...get out of that one unscathed :p
Quote by PaulyVengeance
Heehee somebody cant spell. and is stupid.

He actually did spell every word of that sentence correct.. He just used the wrong form of the word 'there', which should have been spelled their, and didn't capitalize the first letter of a sentence.... Nothing stupid about that.

Quote by Page&HammettFan
He actually did spell every word of that sentence correct.. He just used the wrong form of the word 'there', which should have been spelled their, and didn't capitalize the first letter of a sentence.... Nothing stupid about that.

"Because"

Sorry, just thought I'd point that out
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Well, most people would really define Jimi Hendrix's music as being Heavy metal, but supposedly the origin of the word came from a radio personality defining his music as 'having the sound of heavy metal plates dropping from the sky."
Quote by sargasm

I'm not sure if you're having a sargasm or not.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by therussian
"Because"

Sorry, just thought I'd point that out

Now that I went back and looked, I completely missed that. Oh well, we all have typos once in a while. Aside from that, there was nothing wrong with the post...

Quote by PaulyVengeance
yes, true. however...this being said...you DO have Mr Bowie as ur avatar...get out of that one unscathed :p

I don't think I like you very much.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Probably because they are only listening to bands that they can find their shirts of at Kohl's.

Vh1 depth people it sounds like, hearing as they seem like they don't know much about metal or classic rock. (not that I dislike Zeppelin or Slayer).

Also, they could be into deeper stuff AND like more than one genre?
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Well, most people would really define Jimi Hendrix's music as being Heavy metal, but supposedly the origin of the word came from a radio personality defining his music as 'having the sound of heavy metal plates dropping from the sky."

I thought it was the progression from rock to metal.
Dickless.
Quote by PaulyVengeance

excuse me?
Quote by garden of grey
Probably because they are only listening to bands that they can find their shirts of at Kohl's.

lol

Thar be embarrasing truth to this one...

Quote by Supreme WarHawk
excuse me?

Oh shit. Someone forgot to give David Bowie a blowjob. OMG.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Quote by MetalMilitia212
I thought it was the progression from rock to metal.

eh, it was, but that's supposed to be the first time the term was used. I agree though, it was the earliest form of metal, not quite Black Sabbath style metal, now a days it would just be considered the earlier form of hard rock.
Quote by psychodelia
I don't think I like you very much.