I've read that Ibanez ships their guitars off with D'Addario strings on them and I was just wondering if this goes for the low end models as well cause I have a Gio and Ifigured it had mediocre strings and I'm wondering if I have really been playing D'Addarios all along.
Does it matter? Strings are what.. $12 for a good set? It's peanuts compared to the price when you buy a guitar.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
Quote by Revalk
Does it matter? Strings are what.. $12 for a good set? It's peanuts compared to the price when you buy a guitar.

You are not understanding my point. I only want to know because I am about to buy some D'Addarios on guitarcenter.com and I am just curious if I have been playing D'Addarios all along, hence when my new D'Addarios arrive, I will not notice a difference. Get what I'm trying to say?

As a matter of fact, I doubt you read anything except the title. Tell me I'm wrong...
Are the ball ends of your strings different colours? As far as I know daddario are the only strings that do that because they package all the strings in the same packet.
Just take a look at the ball-end of the strings. If I'm not mistaken, D'Addarios usually have multi-colored ball-ends.
^ True, But I'm pretty sure I had D'addarios with all gold ends, but they may not have been D'addarios.
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
d'addario comes with colored ends, they wont make them differently because they will be stock on a guitar.

and on trem guitars, they are cut off anyways, so yea. . .

but how low end is low end? if it was under 300 USD, i dont think they were d'addario strings.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
d'addarios definatly have multi coloured ball ends.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Quote by LordBattlecrisp
You are not understanding my point. I only want to know because I am about to buy some D'Addarios on guitarcenter.com and I am just curious if I have been playing D'Addarios all along, hence when my new D'Addarios arrive, I will not notice a difference. Get what I'm trying to say?

As a matter of fact, I doubt you read anything except the title. Tell me I'm wrong...
I think I got everything but "and I'm wondering if I have really been playing D'Addarios all along." My browser crashed, I thought I'd gotten all of it when I brought it back up. My bad, sir.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

Quote by tubadude
d'addario comes with colored ends, they wont make them differently because they will be stock on a guitar.

and on trem guitars, they are cut off anyways, so yea. . .

but how low end is low end? if it was under 300 USD, i dont think they were d'addario strings.

Dont most gios have vintage style tremolos?
Should have ballends on the strings anyway...
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
You can't compare strings that possibly have been on a guitar forever in stock, transit, etc to a set of new strings.

And yes, they are D'Addarios.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Quote by ScottishAngus
Dont most gios have vintage style tremolos?
Should have ballends on the strings anyway...

its a gio? i didnt catch that, i was thinking floating trem
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by beckyjc
Are the ball ends of your strings different colours? As far as I know daddario are the only strings that do that because they package all the strings in the same packet.

hmm, nah, the balls are not different colors. guess I don't have them
Quote by Revalk
I think I got everything but "and I'm wondering if I have really been playing D'Addarios all along." My browser crashed, I thought I'd gotten all of it when I brought it back up. My bad, sir.

no problem man...I thought you were going to respond a bit different than you did. Nice to see I assumed wrong.
Quote by LordBattlecrisp
no problem man...I thought you were going to respond a bit different than you did. Nice to see I assumed wrong.
Cool man, thanks. I did a quick google search, and I think they do.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

You'll notice the difference between ANY new strings and your old ones, because they'll be new. However, you aren't going to see any difference between a new set of D'adarrios, a new set of Ernie Balls, a new set of GHS etc.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com