yeah, this a vocal subject, not like harmonics guitar screaming so sorry if this is the wrong board, but i thought it was the most appropritate

so anyway, im going for a a very mid range growl like Lamb of God and Children of Bodom style. so any suggestions where I should get started?
Quote by Joey Walker
Quote by anaoshak
look at all those knobs, he must have a mean tone.

Bottle caps buddy, they are bottle caps

Quote by Shib
The internet: Men are men, women are men and little girls are FBI agents.
as in you want to learn how to do it well?:

2 approaches:

either do the thing the guy from all that remains did and do lots of lungs exercises, like putting your head underwater and then shouting something (not neccesarily aggresively) really loudly, etc

OR

"sing along" to brutal songs so you get a feel for it. the basic skill of it is just being "loud", personally i think ive always been rather good at it

good luck anyway
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Quote by POWERMETAL!
its not like it takes talent or anything for that, anyone can do it.

It makes me laugh, but also rather depressed at how ignorant people can be...
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
Quote by alliwant
It makes me laugh, but also rather depressed at how ignorant people can be...
same.
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
okay umm the way i do it is different than most screamers.
the way i always view it is by acting like ur clearing out ur throat and sing at the sametime its really hard for me to explain and if u tighten ur stomach while doing it it helps. always practice in a mic plugged in b.c it sounds different in a mic than it does just sitting there doing it too. so yeah maybe if their's dont help hopefully mine did.
also dont sit while doing it and if u bend over and bend ur throat/neck it will strain it and may cause damage and eventually rip ur vox chords which isnt good then ur voice will change completely after surgery.
Don't try to be LOUD! That is stupid, and you will hurt yourself and **** up your voice and throat for good.

It really boils down to learning how to contract your vocal muscles as tight as you can, an using your stomach to force sound up and out of your throat.

When you get it mastered, it should rarely and never hurt doing it. If it hurts while doing it, stop and practice another day.

And it shouldn't be very loud, a little louder than normal talking volume...
Quote by POWERMETAL!
its not like it takes talent or anything for that, anyone can do it.

Okay. Care to demonstrate by recording you screaming "correctly" then?
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Quote by tlk2k2
okay umm the way i do it is different than most screamers.
the way i always view it is by acting like ur clearing out ur throat and sing at the sametime its really hard for me to explain and if u tighten ur stomach while doing it it helps. always practice in a mic plugged in b.c it sounds different in a mic than it does just sitting there doing it too. so yeah maybe if their's dont help hopefully mine did.
also dont sit while doing it and if u bend over and bend ur throat/neck it will strain it and may cause damage and eventually rip ur vox chords which isnt good then ur voice will change completely after surgery.

sounds like you're doing it wrong. hope you don't hurt yer voice in the process. if what your doing hurts in any way at all then yer gonna screw up yer vocal cords over time. screaming should be 100% pain free.... again this is all in the "only vocal tips thread"
Quote by Derickonfire
Don't try to be LOUD! That is stupid, and you will hurt yourself and **** up your voice and throat for good.

It really boils down to learning how to contract your vocal muscles as tight as you can, an using your stomach to force sound up and out of your throat.

When you get it mastered, it should rarely and never hurt doing it. If it hurts while doing it, stop and practice another day.

And it shouldn't be very loud, a little louder than normal talking volume...

you can actually get a bit louder than normal speaking voice. when you speak from the diaphragm for example in front of a crowd so that every can hear and you project your voice, thats about as loud as it gets (which can actually be a pretty decent volume) and it should NEVER EVER EVER hurt to scream. in any way shape or form. if it does, you're doing it wrong! do not try to be loud, theres no reason if you have a mic. a little tiny bit of echo and chorus and reverb and you can get a demon from hell scream no problem..... but again this is all in the only vocal tips thread which is why i keep suggesting it be read.
Zen of Screaming

Go watch.

You need to know how to scream before you watch.

It teaches you proper ways to not damage your cords.

Good instructional video and comes with a warmup CD which is helpful for throat exercises.

Has a breathing part. A singing part, A part about voice projection, and the most important part to it 'heat and fire'

Go buy it I guarantee itll help

Oh and check out Tony Bullard he has a small tutorial on high and low exhales

I am in a hardcore band so I know these things. They work. Trust me.