Okay, so i'm buying my first acoustic and i'm not sure what to buy. I don't really know much about acoustics, so any help/suggestions would be great. Price range is about $200-$300 and if you want to know what kind of bands or music i like, it's in my profile. Thanks in advance.

Here's one i've been looking at:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=512754
takamine g240 is what i have its $300 and its pretty decent
"I was influenced to play the guitar after I saw the guy on Power Rangers do it. I figured it would be easy, since a guitar is basically a big kazoo."

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Blues Deville(For now... FOR SALE )
its decent for the price washburn makes some good acoustics in my opinion i played several there more expensive though
"I was influenced to play the guitar after I saw the guy on Power Rangers do it. I figured it would be easy, since a guitar is basically a big kazoo."

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Blues Deville(For now... FOR SALE )
make sure you dont buy it off the internet. That is the one thing that is bad to do with acoustics. Find a shop near you that sells guitars (pawn shops, guitar stores, etc..) and play them. Acoustics can change from one to one, so it is impossible to get one you like off the net,(unless you're really lucky).

Plus if you buy it used it will be cheaper, and probably sound better.
MY GEAR-
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Roland Cube 15
Alverez/Yairi 1995 YM-1
Ovation Celebrity
Peavey Classic 30
Electro Harmonix Big Muff USA Reissue

My myspace. Yeah. I know it sucks.
Quote by leid sepplin
make sure you dont buy it off the internet. That is the one thing that is bad to do with acoustics. Find a shop near you that sells guitars (pawn shops, guitar stores, etc..) and play them. Acoustics can change from one to one, so it is impossible to get one you like off the net,(unless you're really lucky).

Plus if you buy it used it will be cheaper, and probably sound better.

Absolutely untrue. I've bought many acoustics off of Ebay and sold them for more over local craigslists
Heres some advice: dont buy a fender. expecially a $300 one that doesnt have a solid top. Get a yamaha.
Quote by fsb_ben
Absolutely untrue. I've bought many acoustics off of Ebay and sold them for more over local craigslists

I think you misunderstood me. I am talking about the difference between buying a stock, factory sealed, brand new guitar over musicians friend.
MY GEAR-
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Roland Cube 15
Alverez/Yairi 1995 YM-1
Ovation Celebrity
Peavey Classic 30
Electro Harmonix Big Muff USA Reissue

My myspace. Yeah. I know it sucks.
You should DEFINITELY also try and try out acoustics yourself before buying them, whether it be at a friends house or a music store (If your going to purchase over the internet)*
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
i agree with octavian dont buy a fender get a yamaha i have an APX3 and its the best guitar ive ever owned
Look for a Walden. I think the G570TB runs about $250-$300. You'll get a solid cedar top and laminated mahogany back and sides. It's also a Grand Auditorium size, which is often more comfortable to play than a Dreadnaught.