I've got an Epiphone Les Paul Zakk Wylde & a Marshall DSL401. What pedal do I need to give it a push to get Zakks sound?

I'm not going to change my guitar or amp for a few years so what's the best I can do.

Do I really need the Dunlop Zakk wah or is there a cheaper Morley pedal that he used to use?

Thanks in advance
Get some real active EMGs. They sell the Zakk Wylde set for around $200.
Isn't there a Zakk Wylde overdrive...I think it's MXR or Dunlop, i'd look into that if i was you
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
a pedal on a dirty amp, and a pinch harmonic every other note, haha.

its hard to play anything wylde related without a lot of pinch harmonics
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by Bossman123
Isn't there a Zakk Wylde overdrive...I think it's MXR or Dunlop, i'd look into that if i was you

Its MXR. You should get that if you really want his sound, along with the EMGs as Zofar suggested.
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

G&K Backline 600 + Goldline 210GLX cab
Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
^Output a hotter signal that drives the amp into heavier overdrive, also making it easier to achieve pinch harmonics.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

What about the wah?

He sounded great before the dunlop signature came out. what did he use then?
in order to sound like zakk wylde you need alot of facial hair. . .

active EMG's will do it i never needed a OD, but if you have a less gain amp, then you probably do.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
The MXR line is made by dunlop FYI. oubiously there is more to zakks sound than a freakin wah pedal. And even then just having the equipment wont give you his sound. If he picked up your guitar he would still sound like zakk. If you picked up zakks guitar would you sound like zakk? that is the question you need to ask yourself.
how loud do you have your amp? that's 95% of it. you don't need emg's, or his overdrive pedal, to sound close to him.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Right, I'm going to throw away my razor.

PS. I've just bought tickets for the Ozzy gig at Birmingham in England on the 6th of July.
Does anyone know if BLS will support?

I'm really looking forward to see Ozzy so I hope he keeps of the quad bike until then!
i can get alot clsoer with EMG's on my JSx than w/o, but i can get a close sound, i can nail his pinches w/o them.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Before he got his own wah he used the Dunlop Jimi Hendrix wah, before he got his own overdrive pedal he used a boss SD-1. Those should help you towards his sound if you don't want his sig stuff, or maybe if you're going for his older sound
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Quote by tubadude
i can get alot clsoer with EMG's on my JSx than w/o, but i can get a close sound, i can nail his pinches w/o them.

yeah, i mean they won't hurt, but the amp is most of the thing, and having it up pretty loud.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?