I really don't know how much potential he has, considering I haven't ever seen him play beneath a half-decent offensive line.
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
now they need someone who can actually throw the ball. They got the recievers covered with Andrew Johnson.
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
i agree! he was the only talent on that team (and prolly more intelligent that the staff) this is just another, in a string of dumb decisions that make the texans one of the sorriest teams in football!
He has so much potential.
Come on Dolphins, pick him up and draft an OL.
HaHaHaHa!
Are you serious?! David Carr the best on the team?! Andre Johnson is obviously the best on the team. The O-line isn't as crappy as it seems(still crappy but not as crappy as people say). Carr's been traumatized by all those sacks and interceptions that he's afraid to throw the ball further than 3 yards.

Schaub and Green are great additions this year and they have a good chance of doing well.
I don't understand this move...last season they had the first pick in the draft, they drafted Mario Williams(DE) when they could have easily drafted a great quarterback like Vince Young or Matt Linert. If they were looking to rebuild that would have been the time to do it. I also heard they cut Dominic Davis or Dominic Williams (whatever he calls himself now)
WHAT? YEAH OK
Quote by brett-
He has so much potential.
Come on Dolphins, pick him up and draft an OL.

The Dolphins want Trent Green.

Trust me, my mom spoke to him and his wife about it.

Oh wait, I don't think I was supposed to say he might go there. Disregard me.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You motorboatin son of a bitch.

Quote by ibaRGnez321
I love you LilVikingBoy.

Member of the Church of Gilmour

Dance, Kirby, dance!
(>")> <("< <( " )> (>"< <("^) (^")> <("v) (v")> (v"v) (^"v) (v"^) (^"^)
OK...this is for all of you who don't know much about the Texans and are wondering about what's going on here.

I still am a huge Carr fan myself, but unfortunately it was time to move on. It was clear last season that he was not going to be able to progress in our system anymore than he already had. He played well at the beginning of the season, throwing for 9 TD's in the first 6 games, but he regressed considerably, throwing only 2 TD's in the last 10 games. He has been shell-shocked, yes....and that's definitely our fault. But our offensive line is more talented that most people realise. All but one player on our line was injured last year, leaving us with less-than-acceptable talent. Carr had a great completion percentage, but it was because he threw nothing but extremely short, and behind-the-line passes. Also of a major concern was his tendancy to stare down his primary receiver.

Every Texans fan knew about a year ago that Domanic Davis/Williams would be cut eventually. He had a career ending knee inury and he will not play another down. His knee has been described as "bone on bone".

We picked Mario Williams because we're trying to build a championship defense. He played extremely well when he was healthy, averaging about a sack a game, but he developed plantar fasciitis (sp?) causing him to slow down a little. I've heard that most players tend to sit out the rest of the season with this injury, but he chose to play through it...and was still a major force.

Just for those who constantly criticize us for passing on Reggie and Vince...Vince was never an option for us. Only a few faithful wanted Vince Young...we never considered him. He has played well for the Titans, but I doubt he would have worked out as well for us. Coach Kubiak likes QB's who can roll out of the pocket, which Young can, but he also likes ones with great throwing power and accuracy, which Young doesn't have. That's not to say he won't develop the accuracy, but he wasn't what we need.

For those who think we should have taken Reggie Bush, keep in mind that as a running back he was a total bust. Our 6th round draft pick (Wali Lundy) started 2 less games, garned only 89 fewer rushing yards, 2 less TD's and 1.3 yards a game fewer. Also to note, Bush's longest rushing play all year was for 18 yards. Lundy's was 35. Finally, Lundy rushed for 4 20+ yard gains. Reggie Bush ran for 0.

For those who don't know, we run the same system as Denver. Few people realize that Reggie Bush's running style would not have been allowed in our system. Our backs are allowed to make one cut and go. Reggie Bush wouldn't be able to do that.

Bush is a great receiver, but he's not a good running back at the pro level.

I have a feeling Carr will be good. He's an incredible athlete. But as of right now, it's looking like he will have to play back-up for a while before he gets the chance to start again...unless he goes to Oakland (which he is from that area, so he might be inclined to). But if he goes to Oakland it will just be more of the same.
^ Bullshit post. Reggie Bush is a total bust at his position and Mario Williams isn't? Don't hold double standards. Injury or not, if you choose to play, you play. No excuses especially when you're making $50 million dollars.
Hi!

Sig Retired.
Quote by la bamba
^ Bullshit post. Reggie Bush is a total bust at his position and Mario Williams isn't? Don't hold double standards. Injury or not, if you choose to play, you play. No excuses especially when you're making $50 million dollars.

Reggie Bush is a bust at running back, buddy. He's a great receiver no doubt. Defensive ends are measured in more than just sacks. Williams constantly drew double and TRIPLE teams when healthy, and continued to draw double teams when injured. The problem with those outside of Houston is that most get their information from ESPIN, who have had it out against us since the day we passed on the 'sure thing' in Reggie Bush. There was no double standard to my statement. You seem to be simply someone who follows stats and stats alone in determining if a RB/WR is better than a DE. DL have a lot more responsibilities than just sacks.
I remeber a day after the trade the guys on espn were saying the texans may have just traded for a less mobile version of david carr. As long as the new guy has some sort of pocket instincts and won't fumble three times a game I'll be happy.
My Stuff:
Schecter S-1 Elite with EMG 81 & 85
Dean Hardtail Select
Marshall MG50DFX
Boss DS-1

A child's rhyme stuck in my head says life is but a dream