I have a gibson faded SG special with 490R and 490T alnico pickups, the stock ones. I have about 20$ to throw around so i was thinking about getting some of the gibson covers to give it more of that authentic gibson look.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Neck-Position-Humbucker-Cover?sku=360930

and

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Bridge-Humbucker-Cover?sku=360931

but there are also cheap versions...
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ProLine-Humbucker-Pickup-Cover-2Pack?sku=363056

but from wut I can tell most humbuckers are a standard size, i never see to much difference in the sizes. But I guess my question is, how will these fit, do they just slide on top and the magnents hold them on? or do they attach somehow?

oh yeah, and is there that much bigger of a difference between nickle and chrome?
thanks!
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
I've wanted to do the same thing with my Sg Special I think you have to do some re wiring on the pickups though I don't know though
meh rewiring? to get covers on? that would suck, lol...ud think they'd have that listed somewhere
B-52 AT 112
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
You have to solder them on, and probably re-pot them (I would think).
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Not many people try this aperently so ill check some oher places online and post a hyper link
thanks for the info I dunno if i wanna go through the trouble of installing them, haha

But does anyone know where I can find some installation procedures or something so I can find out all of what I have to do, thanks
B-52 AT 112
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
It's not worth the trouble, IMO. I have the same guitar as you and I had the same idea until I found out what it takes.
Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83
no re-wiring, pop off your pickguard, pop out the pickups, put on the covers, put the pickups back in, put the pickguard back on, put the strings back on, tune the guitar, and your done.
dude, just get a pro to do it. that way you can get your guitar set up at the same time. i was gonna do that with an aftermarket jb, but then i found a model with the pup cover already installed. it won't cost that much i'd say
No point IMO. All it is, is a pickup cover. It's not going to change your sound or anything good.