So I've recently been starting to play with my friend (he plays drums I play guitar) and whenever I turn up my amp and distortion pedal loud enough so I can hear over his drums, I get AWFUL feedback . So I was wondering if this pedal would help get rid of that: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-NS2-Noise-Suppressor-Pedal?sku=151331.
And btw, I have a 100 W peavy amp and a Boss Metal Zone 2 distortion pedal if that matters.
turn the volume on your guitar down

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
Won't turning the volume on the guitar down kinda kill the tone? At least it did at lower volumes.
What guitar are you using?
Hell is empty. All the devils are here. - William Shakespeare
An Ibanez, one of the kinda cheap ones. But soon to be using a Schecter Hellraiser
The pedal will help but dont buy boss noise compresser, get sumthing cheaper. There is a much cheaper dunlop(I think its a dunlop) will do the job if ur not at really, really high volumes.
I suposse your feedback problems come from the low quality pickups your guitar must have. I had the same problem with one of my guitars until I change the pickups.
Hell is empty. All the devils are here. - William Shakespeare
Oh I see. Well then I suppose I'll wait to buy a pedal till I get my Hellraiser and see if that makes a difference. Thanks.