The epi les standard we're all familiar with

Or cheap gibson

retail is 1000 vs 600 for the epi

The Gibson comes with a case, is it worth the extra money or is the epi a batter guitar than the cheap Gibson??
chose the epi for the money, theyre built quite nicley.the studio is a waste of money
Well, Jesus Christ, I'm not scared to die,

I'm a little bit scared of what comes after

Do I get the gold chariot?

Do I float through the ceiling?
Where do you live? If you live in the States, then I suggest looking at Rondo Music (www.rondomusic.net). The Agile LP series they carry will be better then any Epi, except for Elitists most likely, and will be a much better deal then the Gibson. If not, then either the Epi LP Standard Plus Top or the Custom.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Get the Epi for now, and you'll have a decent guitar. After a year or two you can save up and buy a gibson custom. Not to mention the case for the epi is like $60.
leave me alone, please.
Quote by astrocreep71
Get the Epi for now, and you'll have a decent guitar. After a year or two you can save up and buy a gibson custom. Not to mention the case for the epi is like $60.

Got a Les Paul case from musciansfriend for $40. Fits the Epi nicely.
Epiphone LP Custom
Peavey VK 100/Supreme 100 Bi-Amp
Mesa 4x12

Squire P-Pass
GK 1001
GK NEO 4x12
If these are your only two choices and you can afford the price difference get the Gibson. They are somewhat higher in quality, especially the detail and wood, and hold their resale value. Even though the Epi's are good guitars if you sell them you take a beating most of the time.
The Gibson studios are great guitars. Anyone who says otherwise is either Jealous, Smoking Crack, or thinking of the faded series.

If you have the cash, get the gibson, if you have to save, go ahead for the epi, and get a gibson standard in a few years.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
i've got the epi LP. it says gibson on the truss rod cover, don't know if that means anything. but i've had mine about 6 years. bought it new. i've never changed anything but strings. everything is "off the shelf" and it f'n rocks. not too familiar with the studio. couple of friends had them a while back. they liked them well enough. i never played them. anyway, just giving you first hand on the epi. it's a good guitar. around $900 or so new but they're always on sale for $595 or some shit. i paid $549 for mine.
\m/(>_<\m/
ROCK ON!!

Fender Stratocaster Standard
Fender Twin Reverb II 105 Watts
Takamine EG-330 cutaway elec/acoustic
Ibanez Demon Wah Pedal
Various Effect Pedals
My friend has an epi and a gibson and the epi gets much more use. Upgrade the pickups on the epi and it sounds just as good if not better in my opinion, and is still cheaper then a gibson.