...Know when Digidesign will be releasing Pro Tools for Windows Vista?

I'm looking into buying a laptop and the MBox-2 but it only runs on XP and I don't feel like forking out £750 for a macbook.

Thanks in advance
I enjoy a hearty roast dinner...

...for breakfast.
There have been no announced plans and from what I've heard so far there are some serious obstacles in Vista for a lot of serious audio recording software. Don't think any major software company has finished recoding for Vista yet, they tend to wait until the first wave of bugs in any new OS has been ironed out.
Well I read on their website that they would be coming out with a new version soon.. well there are plans to... If not, would it be possible to go about buying a laptop with Vista, and then installing XP on it?
I enjoy a hearty roast dinner...

...for breakfast.
Quote by Mr.Rodgers
Well I read on their website that they would be coming out with a new version soon.. well there are plans to... If not, would it be possible to go about buying a laptop with Vista, and then installing XP on it?

They just recently released ProTools 7.3 if that's what you mean. Haven't heard anything about a dual OS boot in Vista but having separate partitions should work as it always have I guess. I do know that their new digital rights coding is what's causing some problems for recoding for recording software. Apparently there has been some success among users with installing the 32-bit version of Vista and running XP drivers for some soundcards but that's not something anyone can recommend really.