I have been playing acoustic guitar for about a while now and i am starting to get ok at it. I'm planning to get an electric in the next few months but probaly no time sooner then june. Even though i won't be getting one for awhile ive already started thinking about which one i want. I've been attacted to the epiphone les paul studio, the epiphone sg400 and the deluxe sg400. I play classic rock, blues/rock, 80s hard rock and some early metal. Also i'm thinking of getting a vox ad30vt amp and a weeping demon or original crybaby wah. I would appreciate any comments and suggestions on buying these and if there are others that you recomend i would love to hear that as well. Im looking for guitars less then $600 and amps less then $300.
Thanks in advance for any comments.
I save like a hundred more for a PRS cause what their for is what you listed and their great guitars
Quote by nasstyman
i don't do drugs but i fook like a pronstar and i drink like a fish and smoke like a chimney....
You really can't go wrong with epiphone for the style of music you play, whether les paul or sg. I can't really say much about the amp, I haven't played on may voxes. The weeping demon totally sucks, I tried one out today, it was really weak and had almost no expression whatsoever, I would recommend the dunlop over the ibanez any day.
You should spend 600 on AMP and 300 on guitar.
Also, get Vox V847 Wah instead of Crybaby.

Vox AD30VT is a good amp for $200 but if you're going to spend 600 on the amp I suggest you get a tube combo.

Fender Hot Rod
Vox AC15-cc1

Maybe get an OD or Booster pedal for some early metal.

Also, stay away from Line 6 Spider and Marshall MG, they take a lot of beating in these forums.
Quote by ovvyiljs
You should spend 600 on AMP and 300 on guitar.
Also, get Vox V847 Wah instead of Crybaby.

Vox AD30VT is a good amp for $200 but if you're going to spend 600 on the amp I suggest you get a tube combo.

Fender Hot Rod
Vox AC15-cc1

Maybe get an OD or Booster pedal for some early metal.

Also, stay away from Line 6 Spider and Marshall MG, they take a lot of beating in these forums.
+1 listen to him threadstarter.

You could also look into the V848 just as good as the V847 just sounds a bit different.

If you spend $300 on the guitar I think you might be able to afford a decent Agiler. However i'm not so familiar with their prices.

Edit: If you wan the Epiphone Les Paul studio, get the new Studio Chamelon it's all mahogany instead of mahogany/alder.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
I got the gt8 processor and been pretty happy with it.
Plenty of amp simulator and Fx galor.
Just the wha options gives me plenty of type wha to chose from.
Lots of programing perimeter. 13 fx chains , any combo.
I can even run it through a home stereo if I wanted to.
i have a create pratice amp and a full stack...so I plug it into a clean channel
or go head phone so i don't drive my gf off the wall.
Or go midi into a pc or direct line into my recorder.
The factory setting on the reverb was not to my liking..so i just changed it.lol
Plenty of reverb types and perimeter there too.
$550 out the door.
Any decent guitar sounds good going through it.
I got an Ibannez rg320dx used at guitar center ($200)...looks brand new to me.
The guitar is sick, plenty of tones and a locking trem. I can go metal, rock
to jazz and get good tones. The Gt-8 also has an accustic sim and a guitar
sim. You can play around with pick up types and thickness of wood...sick.
Bah just get what you like. Go try some out. The newer Epiphone guitars are REALLY subject to QC issues. I wouldn't buy one unless you can either return it or play it first. Some are diamonds and some are fools gold. You really need to play it first.

As far as amps go, I'd suggest a Roland Cube. Great built in effects and you can get the Cube 30 for that amount. Awesom solid state amp. If 900 dollars is your total budget, here's my suggestion.

Ibanez Arc300DVS
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-ARC300DVS-Electric-Guitar?sku=517968

I own that guitar and let me tell you it's simply amazing for the price you pay. I guarantee you it will blow an epiphone LP out of the water. The positive thing is it has a cut out on the back so it fits your body better and it's much lighter. I think it's about 11 pounds compared to an epiphone LP that's about 15 or 17 pounds. It's also SLIGHTLY smaller. It has a super easy to play neck as well. This thing is loaded with features for the price too. The stock pups are pretty damn good as well. You don't have to worry about the QC issues either. I've had this guitar since January and it's still my main guitar. It is SO comfortable standing or sitting. This little thing is like a quality guitar secret because you don't see them very often. The finish is simply amazing in person too. Those pictures make it look like shite but here's a better pic of the finish. This is mine.

Here's my suggestion for an amp. I own one of these as well.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-30X-Amp-with-COSM?sku=487032
Ibanez ARC300DVS plugged into a Valve Jr. with a 1x12 custom Ear Candy cab and a blues driver. (Too many guitars to list.)

My Soundclick