Poll: How many instruments do you play?
Poll Options
View poll results: How many instruments do you play?
-1-
20 11%
-2-
49 26%
-3 or more-
118 63%
Voters: 187.
Page 1 of 2
Hi, well... the title says it all, sooo click one!
-Member of the Bass Militia-

My gear:

Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Austin P-Style Bass
Hondo Strat
Digitech RP 100 artist
Crate Bx-25
Crate Gt-15

There have been lots of threads about this topic :-/

Try the search bar, I'm sure you'll find out what you want to know
Quote by yawn
There have been lots of threads about this topic :-/

Try the search bar, I'm sure you'll find out what you want to know

I know this has been done in the past, but people change, and new members arrive all of the time.

My gear:

Austin P-Style Bass
Hondo Strat
Digitech RP 100 artist
Crate Bx-25
Crate Gt-15

Quote by RHCP-baSs fan
I know this has been done in the past, but people change, and new members arrive all of the time.
True, but I really doubt the UG populace is that much different now than it was here.
Hmm... I also play keyboard (shittily), can sing somewhat, noodle about on my bro's guitar sometimes, and sometimes play my dad's upright. But mainly keys and bass.

So 2 or 5.
I can't play everything amazingly good but I know some yes.

Guitar, Bass, Piano, Drums, (Singing kinda) and soon sax
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Last edited by backtothe70s at Mar 23, 2007,
I play tuba and guitar
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
I think bassists are more likely to play multiple instruments just because of the nature of the instrument, it requires a bit more understanding of the surrounding factors than guitar or drums, and more respect for the music as a whole.

I play Bass, Guitar, Drums, Vocals, Keyboard, and at one point I played trumpet.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
I play this thing called a bass guitar, this other rare instrument called an electric guitar, and this thing with with white and black keys all over it... o yeah it's called a keyboard!

My gear:

Austin P-Style Bass
Hondo Strat
Digitech RP 100 artist
Crate Bx-25
Crate Gt-15

I suppose 3:

Bass (seriously), guitar (occasionally, when I feel like it) and keyboard (I just make noise really)
Quote by UndeadPaperclip
I think bassists are more likely to play multiple instruments just because of the nature of the instrument, it requires a bit more understanding of the surrounding factors than guitar or drums, and more respect for the music as a whole.

I play Bass, Guitar, Drums, Vocals, Keyboard, and at one point I played trumpet.

I think it's more to do with the individual rather than being a bassist. I'm the only one in my band that plays bass, but we all play at least two instruments.

I find that most good musos (not all though) play multiple instruments. It really does help you so much.

I play bass, trumpet, and guitar competently. I could probably play most brass instruments with a bit of practice, I'm not too bad on a double bass, and I can play a few chords on keys. If I had the time/money I'd take up drums and double bass seriously as well.

EDIT: I guess I can sing to pitch as well, but I'm not great. I've good good air support from trumpet playing I guess, I still need to work on singing and playing at the same time.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
Last edited by TGM at Mar 23, 2007,
My main gigs are clarinet and guitar. If you give me an afternoon and a new instrument, I'll do something too.
trumpet, bass, can play classisal guitar if i tried, a bit of piano because i learnt it at skool
"Aww what’s the matter? You’re the one who started this game. Now you’re losing and you don’t want to play any more."
-Vegeta
I play bass and sing in my band, I am more than proficient at mandolin, play guitar like everyone else can, and can play one handed keyboards.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
bass, guitar, clarinet, sax, oboe, ukelele, mandolin and dulcimer. I am best at bass, guitar, clarinet and uke. I can fake a good keyboard if forced.

[EDIT] I can also sing fairly well (alto) and I am learning drums....
Last edited by anarkee at Mar 23, 2007,
I can play Bass, because it is my main instrument (DUH)
I can play Guitar and Drums fairly proficently and I am learning how to sing right now. Even though I suck at it.

I also understand the very basics of playing the keyboard.
i clicked 2 instead of 3 or more by accident...
i play bass, guitar(to some extent), i sing(and i think i sound pretty badass;no modesty here) and i can fake piano if i want to.

wow, some people play oboe and clarinet and stuff......................i feel so insignificant
Guitar, Harmonica, Keyboards, Saxophone, and i can pull bass a little.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I play 4 and 6 string. I can sing quite well. I used to play trumpet and viola. I'd really like to learn piano.
Electric Guitar, Bass, Drums.
Quote by X Alkaline 3
I dared a Jew to throw rocks at Hitler when he was a young boy..

Never knew he'd take it to heart like that.

iScrobbler

Psalms 62:8
Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.
i play bass, guitar, drums on occasion, i been saxing for like 4 years, keys, harmonica, they taught me recorder in like 4th grade so i play that on occasion to prove to people that i can, and i play the two pencils and math book/ science book drum (wouldnt call that an insturment though). so thats like 7
bass, guitar, drums, a bit of ukulele, banjo ans mandolin and a wee bit of keyboard. and my music teacher wants me to play tenor sax or tuba but i like bass too much.
Dinobot clone of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Member #6 of the Geddy Lee fan club - pm RIC4003 to join.
UG spartan number 180
Bass... Whistling, desk tapping, triangle and air guitar if those count.
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
bass, keyboards, guitar, drums
Fender '51 Precision Bass
Hofner Verythin LTD Edition Guitar in Walnut w/ Bigsby
Engelhardt ES9 Upright Bass
1968 Trayner YBA 1A MK II Amp
w/ 6x10 cabinet

www.iaminlimbo.com
I guess I'll give it a shot.

I play...

Guitar (Almost 7 years)
Bass (3 years)
Drums (For as long as I can remember, It kind of got me into music, but it's not my main instrument, guitar is)
Trumpet (3 years)
Harmonica (Well, just for fun, it's not like I'm any good or anything)
Recorder (LOL)
Piano (Oh yeah, I just started this, but I think I'm picking up on it pretty fast )
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Bass (I suck the least here, I suppose... but still suck pretty hard)
Guitar (I suck)
Vocals (I suck)

At least I'm a diverse sucker?
haha
I play trombone, guitar and bass somewhat seriously and I can play quite many chords on the piano. Also fooling around with the harmonica
See is it whether I play them or whether I can play them. I play three instruments, Clarinet, Tenor Saxophone, and Bass. I can play Bass Clarinet, Violin, and Cello as well as all the other Saxes along with those three.
Bass - I play mostly
Guitar - I play about half an hour a day
Desk Drums - I made a drum set on my desk using glass cups, Cd cases, and glass bottles.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Hmm...Well, it would be about 5?

Singing - I sing real well

Bass - I'm ok, mediocre kinda...

Guitar - just fiddle with one occasionally, so can say I'm good...

Piano - I'm really advanced here, but I don't really have time to practice, so I'm not progressing

Flute - I still have this flute from when we had flute lessons in third grade.....It's awesome (0_o)

I play keyboard too, but that kinda counts as piano...
member #7 of the "i remember when pokemon used to be cool" club.
Pm rhcp_freak or Tanglewoodguit to join.

Quote by tronsbassplayer
you no your a bassplayer when you Llsten to the best muslc NUMETAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I lol'ed SOOOOO hard at that one!!!
My first instrument was piano. Then moved to bass and now play a little bit of acoustic guitar too.
Bass, some Piano(mainly just making chord shapes), Alto and Tenor Sax, Oboe, and soon to be learning flute( Jethro Tull FTW )
i play tenor sax, Guitar and bass
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Page 1 of 2