I'm thinking of getting an LP Standard, and I was just wondering what the difference is between the 50's style neck and the 60's style neck
Quote by Gummy Balls
Who the hell posts that they made up a chord on a guitar forum? He should of just called this thread " flame the shit out me".

~Founder of the Pokemon Appreciation Club~
The 60's style neck is known as a "slim taper" design reputed to be a much faster neck. 50's style necks are aka "baseball necks" for obvious reasons. This doesn't necessarily mean that one is faster than the other. Although I prefer the slimmer necks many people have even been known to "shred" the 50's necks. It is probably a matter of style and taste. Check Gibson's web site for more details (measurements.)
50s is thicker than the 60s; I'm also thinking of getting one, but I'd like to hear what ppls experiences with the two are like, cause I've only tried the 50s so far.
Thanks very much
Quote by Gummy Balls
Who the hell posts that they made up a chord on a guitar forum? He should of just called this thread " flame the shit out me".

~Founder of the Pokemon Appreciation Club~
slimmer necks are easier for those of us with short fingers
\m/(>_<\m/
ROCK ON!!

Fender Stratocaster Standard
Fender Twin Reverb II 105 Watts
Takamine EG-330 cutaway elec/acoustic
Ibanez Demon Wah Pedal
Various Effect Pedals
Fatter necks are generally more comfortable to play for long periods of time.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Sorry to stray a bit off the topic, but does anyone know what neck the Epiphone standards would be based off of?

The thick and thin neck is more a preference thing, with how you play and what your comfortable with.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by zeppelinpage4
Sorry to stray a bit off the topic, but does anyone know what neck the Epiphone standards would be based off of?

The thick and thin neck is more a preference thing, with how you play and what your comfortable with.

Mine is definitely a 60's style, it's very thin.

However mine was made in like. . . 97? I think.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Your right, I don't think they'd change the neck styles on the Epi. ^^

Also I just checked my guitar, the neck is pretty thin, I suppose it's 60's then.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows