Hey, i currently have a fender squire strat which was my first guitar. i have been playing for almost a year, and im looking at a new guitar for around $1000-1200 AUSSIE DOLLER.

i like the RHCP, Nirvana, ACDC, and bands like that.

i was looking at the ibanez rg range, they look sweet.

any suggestions?

thanks.
I would get a higher end fender strat. A strat is extremely versitile and would fit your style of music very good. Dont get an Ibanez, save those for the damn stupid shredders.
My gear!
ESP LTD M-100FM
Custom RR style Flying V
Custom ESP Explorer (in the making!)
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop Crybaby, Deltalab Md-1, rd 1, Morley optical Volume
Quote by buzzcut
I would get a higher end fender strat. A strat is extremely versitile and would fit your style of music very good. Dont get an Ibanez, save those for the damn stupid shredders.

+1
Also what amp do you have? If you amp is really cheap or crappy don't even bother getting a new guitar yet, it will be much better for your tone to get an amp.
Quote by buzzcut

Damn stupid shredders?? Ridiculous. Don't be a moron dude.
I have an Ibanez Arc300dvs and it's an LP style guitar. Most comfortable guitar I've ever played. Ibanez makes several styles of guitars.
Also, it's not like people who shred are bad people or horrible guitar players or anything.

Don't post ridiculous stuff.
Ibanez ARC300DVS plugged into a Valve Jr. with a 1x12 custom Ear Candy cab and a blues driver. (Too many guitars to list.)

My Soundclick
Try Gibson...............................................
Strat or SG. Strat would be better for the first 2 bands listed, and obviously, Angus played an SG
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Maybe try a Fender Fat Strat? Then if you have any money leftover, you can mod your strat and stuff.
gah, why does everyone love strats so much?! they're really boring guitars! go with the ibanez, plus as smoke63b says, they make more than just shred guitars, plus they tend to be cheaper for the same quality as other guitars too.
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by mcw00t
gah, why does everyone love strats so much?! they're really boring guitars! go with the ibanez, plus as smoke63b says, they make more than just shred guitars, plus they tend to be cheaper for the same quality as other guitars too.

Strat= Amazing tone
Strats may have good tone, but to be honest, I don't think it's anything special. I've played them before, and would NEVER get one, I think they are horribly overrated and just look boring.

Strat = My most hated guitar. ever.
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by mcw00t
Strats may have good tone, but to be honest, I don't think it's anything special. I've played them before, and would NEVER get one, I think they are horribly overrated and just look boring.

Strat = My most hated guitar. ever.

Take a look at this

http://www.bcrich.com/draco.html

Now which do you hate more?
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by Firewind Raging
Take a look at this

http://www.bcrich.com/draco.html

Now which do you hate more?

that guitar is overly stupid

strats are sweet and easy to mod they are light very playable and can be very versatile

get a hotrail in the bridge for the nirvana and acdc and keep the pickups or get some noisless pups for the rhcp and lighter stuff