Have any of the other 15-18 year old males on UG noticed how half the female population is absolutely obsessed with him? I mean I respect him as a songwriter, but I don't get why he has such a following.

And yes, I am totally jealous.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
I guess it depends if the girls like emotional/romantic stuff. I find that...dull. As a lyricist though, he's pretty creative but his music just doesn't do it for me. If I want acoustic type of stuff I'll go for some Agalloch, Opeth, Dissection, Bathory, Tyr, Folkearth, Moonsorrow, etc.
Last edited by Embodiment at Mar 23, 2007,
I'm a female and I'm not obsessed with him. I find his lyrics to be good on occassion, but I don't hear him and go ZOMG CONOR OBERST!1!1!!! Sometimes he a bit too whiney for me.
Cory is a girl's name too.

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
Quote by SG5533
Who's Conor Oberst?...................

Bright Eyes dude

So What realy. He is a very good songwriter and singer. I like him. but in truth I only know about 10 bright eyes Fans.
ill tell you this here. Hes amazing. but why girls like him? uhhh.... he makes the ladies happy in the pants
Hey, I'm a guy and I like Conor Oberst.
And for those of you who don't know who he is, look up Bright Eyes.
i cant stand him.

then again, i'm a guy.

but i do know plenty of girls who recognize him for what he really is...a coked up pussy.
Quote by dazzler16
Bright Eyes dude

So What realy. He is a very good songwriter and singer. I like him. but in truth I only know about 10 bright eyes Fans.

This is true. I don't think I even know 10 people who've even heard of him, let alone heard his music.

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
i really love that dude. his music is amazing. i kno one other person who listens to Bright Eyes. and they do because i gave her a cd. Hypothetically, if i was gay hed make me happy in pants
I dont know any girls who are even remotely obsessed with him...

They like his music, but I dont think obsessed is the right word.

I'm kind of obsessed with him in totally heterosexual way. The guy's a f***ing amazing songwriter.

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
Quote by hamish5178
And yes, I am totally jealous.

+1

He's just a cool dude s'all. Sucks he's a total drug addict.
Quote by HorridxHopes
+1

He's just a cool dude s'all. Sucks he's a total drug addict.

Yes it does. My mom always says he'd be much better if he'd get a grip on it.

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
Quote by Cory Smash
Yes it does. My mom always says he'd be much better if he'd get a grip on it.

I think he'd be horrible if it werent for it.

If he dies this year that'd be pretty coincidental. For the twelve out of 4,000 people who know why.

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
Quote by screamsoftly
I think he'd be horrible if it werent for it.

If he dies this year that'd be pretty coincidental. For the twelve out of 4,000 people who know why.

I kind of agree. Part of his appeal is his drunken ramblings.

I'm not sure if it's his exact age, but I know it's pretty close to Hendrix and Joplin (not that I'm putting him on the same par with them). Is that what you're referring to?

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
Well I'd have to say that (and it is up for debate) he is one of the top 5 songwriters of this generation and of those five, he's probably the one who writes the most love songs and you know how chicks dig poetry. I, too, am jealous. The only thing I don't get is how people think he's so hot, don't get me wrong, I'm prone to the borderline homosexual man-crush (Jesse Lacey ) but every time I see him I hope that the poor boy is eating something, because he really needs a meal.
Quote by Cory Smash
I kind of agree. Part of his appeal is his drunken ramblings.

I'm not sure if it's his exact age, but I know it's pretty close to Hendrix and Joplin (not that I'm putting him on the same par with them). Is that what you're referring to?

Yep. He's 27. Which puts him right in there with Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain, Jim Morrison, Brian Jones, and anyone else I forgot to mention.

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
Quote by screamsoftly
Yep. He's 27. Which puts him right in there with Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain, Jim Morrison, Brian Jones, and anyone else I forgot to mention.

Yay! I'm one of the twelve out of 4000. Is it sad that it makes me feel special?

And I just listened to Lifted. It's been forever since I listened to it all the way through. Now I think that's the only way it should be listened to.

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196