I've been looking into buying the Digitech Jimi Hendrix Experience pedal (With the 7 different effects). I have a Gibson SG (Faded. Yep, I suck) and I had heard somewhere that humbuckers and that particular pedal just don't mix...I know that I'm not gonna get so much of a Hendrix sound with an SG (Or maybe I will, what do I know?). Could someone please shed some light for me?
I haven't had too much experience with these sort of things, so I'll apologize right now if the answer is stupidly obvious.
if u wanna hendrix sound buy the dunlop jimi hendrix wah and the hendrix fuzz it probolly costs less than the digitech
Guitars:
Ibanez IC300
Fender American Strat w/RioGrande texas specials

Amps:
Fender FM212R
a now broken tube amp

Quote by Gofishus
Dual Core. Do More. <-- Intel branded women.

Member of the Stevie Ray Vaughan Fan Club
If you wanna sound like Hendrix...

Vox Wah, Fuzz, Univibe, and a cranked overdriven amp.

Don't get the pedal, I heard it sounds very digital.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
He used an SG for a while, so idk. Maybe it had a single in it, I'm not really sure.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Dr. No
If you wanna sound like Hendrix...

Vox Wah, Fuzz, Univibe, and a cranked overdriven amp.

Don't get the pedal, I heard it sounds very digital.

Alright, cool. I'm assuming you're talking about the McCoy wah, but could you be a bit more specific about the others please?
Quote by GetOutOfMyYard
Alright, cool. I'm assuming you're talking about the McCoy wah, but could you be a bit more specific about the others please?

For fuzz, I know he used a Arbiter Fuzz Face, but I just use a Big Muff. For univibe, Voodoo Labs makes one that sounds pretty good. Overdriven tube amp is sorta self explanatory, if you don't have a tube amp, its a must for that tone. Look at Traynors for cheap good tube amps.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
Quote by Dr. No
For fuzz, I know he used a Arbiter Fuzz Face, but I just use a Big Muff. For univibe, Voodoo Labs makes one that sounds pretty good. Overdriven tube amp is sorta self explanatory, if you don't have a tube amp, its a must for that tone. Look at Traynors for cheap good tube amps.

Cool, thanks a lot dude.
You could also go with a Big Muff. Those are cheaper than Arbiter, i think, and have a good overall sound. But, you should also go with the VOX wah, that, and the Stacked Marshall really defined his sound.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
but remember that Hendrix used a Gibson LP for a while so dont be shamed cos of ur SG or cos u dont have a couple-of-K Strat..........altough that would be nice.....
whao dude...
Epiphone 335 Dot
Fender FM65R
EHX Big Muff
Boss Digidelay
Boss OD

AND I DONT LIKE NIRVANA THAT MUCH ITS JUST A COOL ANIMATION!!!
Quote by CarbonDeath
You could also go with a Big Muff. Those are cheaper than Arbiter, i think, and have a good overall sound. But, you should also go with the VOX wah, that, and the Stacked Marshall really defined his sound.

Any particular Big Muff you would recommend? I'm looking at 3 different ones right now..
Quote by Sid McCall
He used an SG for a while, so idk. Maybe it had a single in it, I'm not really sure.

When did he ever use a SG?

Edit: nvm. Looks like he has 3 humbuckers on it.
That digitech hendrix pedal SUCKS. If u wanna sound like hendrix maybe get a vox or crybaby wah and the dunlop dallas arbiter fuzz. Trust me dont get the pedal, it sounds way to digital.
EDIT: The big muff would actually be a good choice. NYC Big Muff Pi FTW
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
He used a flying V with humbuckers to. So humbuckers doesnt = you can't play hendrix.

Get a valve junior, a fuzz pedal, and a wah and you'll be set for bedroom playing.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Personally i think the V847 sounds more like hendrix than the v848 (clyde wah)
It should only be like $120 also, which isnt much for a hell of a wah pedal
1. dont chase after someones sound, create your own.

2. the only way to totally achieve the tone is to have all their gear.

3. gear is only half of it, what about your skill?
^its $100
but i'd wait for the v847A which is due in april
it has TB and an ac jack which the v847 doesnt have

for a fuzz...get a big muff or a fuzz factory or have one built by pink
the arbiter fuzz face dunlop makes at the moment isnt the same as the vintage one
it sounds way different (crappier as some say)

and dont get the digitech pedal
it sounds really digital
if you want to play hendrix....get a wah, fuzz, and skills
best way to do it

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by GetOutOfMyYard
Any particular Big Muff you would recommend? I'm looking at 3 different ones right now..

Not the nano. The actual Big Muff is too much. Sooo,,,, I would go with the Little Big Muff. Used one a while ago at a friends recording studio, and actually come to think of it, he owned a Faded V, same pickups as yours. The guitar and the muff sounded fantastic together. It seems like the Muff pedal likes to boosts the mid's quite a bit, but still keeps the sound great.(Plus you could just mess with the EQ on your amp.) Overall, if you use the Muff with the VOX wah,(Any VOX wah will do,) you could probably get close to the Hendrix sound.

What ever you do, do not buy a Line 6 III and look for the Hendrix preset tone on it. The sound is worse than anything I have ever heard. Any thing from Digitech for Hendrix is complete rubish. AND, even though it says Marshall on it, dont buy it if its under $800 bucks.(That goes for the Mode Four also, .)
Quote by LuthierofTexas
^+1

and the little big muff is like only 5 bucks less

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Quote by Arlabester
wtf? big muff too much? its $70 dollars!

Oh yeah, just saw it on MF. Srry bout that, well, I guess the Little Big Muff might be lighter to lug around. I would think the size of the pedal wound't determain the sound, but, I dunno.

Can any one say thread starter?
Quote by LuthierofTexas
Quote by Arlabester
1. dont chase after someones sound, create your own.

2. the only way to totally achieve the tone is to have all their gear.

3. gear is only half of it, what about your skill?

1. One can only create from what they have learned.

2. Eh, yeah. I can get close though, I'll be cool with that.

3. Gettin' better every day bro. I wouldn't spend my cash on it if I didn't think I could use it. :p

Everyone else, thanks for the help. You guys saved me some cash, and probably a lot of disappointment.
Quote by CarbonDeath
Oh yeah, just saw it on MF. Srry bout that, well, I guess the Little Big Muff might be lighter to lug around. I would think the size of the pedal wound't determain the sound, but, I dunno.

Can any one say thread starter?

no.

the little big muff might actually be heavier. the big muff is big and empty (like my bassists head).
Quote by Arlabester
no.

the little big muff might actually be heavier. the big muff is big and empty (like my bassists head).

HA! Funny as sh*t! Yeah, I would actually still get the Little Big Muff, cause' most pedal boards usually aren't that big, unless you make your own.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
Quote by CarbonDeath
HA! Funny as sh*t! Yeah, I would actually still get the Little Big Muff, cause' most pedal boards usually aren't that big, unless you make your own.

yeah that is true, they are pretty huge (like fall out boys ego [im just on a burning rage!])
i have the hendrix pedal and i like it because of the totally different sounds each settings achieves. my favorite is the all along the watchtower accoustic and then solo sound. but all of them sound good.
Digital effects pedals are disappointing..
^_^
Quote by nephi
Digital effects pedals are disappointing..

yeah. except delay.

thats the one type of pedal id take digital over analog.
analog is the way to go
seriously

why get something modeled after an analog pedal
when you can get the real thing...

Quote by Arlabester
yeah. except delay.

ever tried the deluxe memory man?

btw, how do you like the digidelay you got?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Quote by Arlabester
yeah. except delay.

hey! we think alike!
^_^
Quote by Swat Man
i have the hendrix pedal and i like it because of the totally different sounds each settings achieves. my favorite is the all along the watchtower accoustic and then solo sound. but all of them sound good.

Well, that makes the "Yes:No" ratio about 32:1.
Yeah. What amp do you have?
Quote by LuthierofTexas
All of the setting in this particular Digitech pedal are pretty good, and do work with an SG, but I ened up selling this pedal, because it is impossible to not sound like hendrix with it. Yuo get absolutely no flexibility, and to be honest the models on there are trying to mimic the best tones out there, and are just not warm enough. The only setting I ever used were the setting for the solo on little wing (light flange) and the univibe setting for Machine gun. The worst part about this pedal is the bypass, and by that I don't mean the lack of trube bypass, I mean the fact that it is nearly impossible to turn it off or on; you have to literally jump on it to turn it on/off or to switch effects. My advice is the following gear to get the best hendrix tone, Big muff pi, Vox Clyde McCoy wah (moded wahs canpull this off too), Rotovibe, and a good octave fuzz if you can find one.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by CarbonDeath
Yeah. What amp do you have?

This is the killer...

...Fender 25 watt. Circuit, of course. Sure as hell ain't a Marshall stack.
Quote by SG Man Forever
All of the setting in this particular Digitech pedal are pretty good, and do work with an SG, but I ened up selling this pedal, because it is impossible to not sound like hendrix with it. Yuo get absolutely no flexibility, and to be honest the models on there are trying to mimic the best tones out there, and are just not warm enough. The only setting I ever used were the setting for the solo on little wing (light flange) and the univibe setting for Machine gun. The worst part about this pedal is the bypass, and by that I don't mean the lack of trube bypass, I mean the fact that it is nearly impossible to turn it off or on; you have to literally jump on it to turn it on/off or to switch effects. My advice is the following gear to get the best hendrix tone, Big muff pi, Vox Clyde McCoy wah (moded wahs canpull this off too), Rotovibe, and a good octave fuzz if you can find one.

really? you mean literally NO bypass?
^_^