Page 1 of 2
I mean honestly, I am willing to bet that 80% of all UG'ers are ****ing obsessed with these guitars. What is so great about them?? I have played many and they dont feel very special to me. I can think of dozens of more better choices than Ibanez.

It seems that in ALL of the " What new guitar" threads, most people simply respond with "get an Ibanez". What is the point of making these threads? You know that everybody is going to say to buy an Ibanez. Save you time!

Ibanez is scoring big because all of you ****ers are buying into there stupid gimmicks. They are probably laughing at you and counting their fortune right now. For example, the "wizard necks". They have several versoins of these necks, all of which claim to be faster than regular guitar necks. People on this site actually believe these necks will make you play faster. That is complete bullshit. An Ibanez wizard neck wont make you play any faster than a 50 dollar First Act from walmart.

And the cleans on these guitars are horrible. It makes my ears bleed just thinking about it. Sure, these guitars can sound great with a shitload of distortion and effects, but so can any guitar.

And what really pisses me off is people who recommend Ibanez guitars for every music type. Just a few days ago, some faggot told some person to buy an Ibanez prestige when he said his favorite bands were Pink Floyd, Led Zeppilen, and Eric Clapton. I mean come on, thats like recommending a Taylor accoustic to play Children of Bodom.

I have a ton more to say, but I dont feel like typing.

I am going to get flamed for this but hey, I dont care, and I think a few people will agree with me.

Let the flaming begin!
My gear!
ESP LTD M-100FM
Custom RR style Flying V
Custom ESP Explorer (in the making!)
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop Crybaby, Deltalab Md-1, rd 1, Morley optical Volume
Last edited by buzzcut at Mar 23, 2007,
dude, ur a dumbass, its all preference and if u say 80% of UGers like ibanez, then 80% of UGers like ibanez

and im an Ibanez fan

oh yea and 80% of UGers dislike behringer
Quote by buzzcut
I mean honestly, I am willing to bet that 80% of all UG'ers are ****ing obsessed with these guitars. What is so great about them?? I have played many and they dont feel very special to me. I can think of dozens of more better choices than Ibanez.

It seems that in ALL of the " What new guitar" threads, most people simply respond with "get an Ibanez". What is the point of making these threads? You know that everybody is going to say to buy an Ibanez. Save you time!

Ibanez is scoring big because all of you ****ers are buying into there stupid gimmicks. They are probably laughing at you and counting their fortune right now. For example, the "wizard necks". They have several versoins of these necks, all of which claim to be faster than regular guitar necks. People on this sight actually believe these necks will make you play faster. That is complete bullshit. An Ibanez wizard neck wont make you play any faster than a 50 dollar First Act from walmart.

And the cleans on these guitars are horrible. It makes my ears bleed just thinking about it. Sure, these guitars can sound great with a shitload of distortion and effects, but so can any guitar.

And what really pisses me off is people who recommend Ibanez guitars for every music type. Just a few days ago, some faggot told some person to buy an Ibanez prestige when he said his favorite bands were Pink Floyd, Led Zeppilen, and Eric Clapton. I mean come on, thats like recommending a Taylor accoustic to play Children of Bodom.

I have a ton more to say, but I dont feel like typing.

I am going to get flamed for this but hey, I dont care, and I think a few people will agree with me.

Let the flaming begin!

+1
Most of the forums I've been on people have been going on about how great les pauls are. I tried an Epiphone and I wasn't impressed, whats your opinion on Les Pauls?
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Hells Yeah Mother****ers!

You, sir, have far more balls than I. But I feel exactly the same way.

Shall we start an Anti Ibanez club?
I played an ibanez solidbody (i don't know what it's called) yesterday and i didn't like it very much at all. But then i picked up an ibanez hollowbody (artcore?) and i enjoyed that one. I guess that's just my personal preference.
Possibly because they do help you play faster? You're an idiot if you think that you can play the same on a guitar like yours, as on a high-end Ibanez. And if you know what you're doing the cleans sound great.
meh ibanez never did it for me

doesn't mean i need to make a thread about it.

But i think when you say a wizard neck is faster than a first act from walmart, i think you're wrong. A first act from walmart probably has shit action and the neck could be too wide to move fast. Whereas, on a wizard neck, it is slightly thinner than most necks, so moving your fingers is easier, hence more speed.
buzzcut, you wrote what the 20% of us who are smart enough not to get an ibanez have been thinking.
I Like Ibanezs, but i like Jacksons better. i hate Fenders, but im not gonna make an anti-Fender thread
Quote by that1l)ude
I Like Ibanezs, but i like Jacksons better. i hate Fenders, but im not gonna make an anti-Fender thread

wuss
Quote by Oligarchy
SGRocker0791 and Raijin.xiii are ass holes in case anyone was wondering.

Quote by jimmyjimjim
try not to be such a dick

Quote by jdotp
thanks to the ignorant prick
Every Ibanez I've played so far I've liked quite a bit. It's just personal preference really.
Who dat?
Lol i can agree with you to a point, cause i liked the taylor acoustic to a children of bodom fan remark lol

but personaly i only like the iceman but i havent played a single ibanez. i think cause they offer decent beginer guitars that a lot of ppl grow up on them

plus a lot and i mean a ton of UGers when asking for a suggestion are saying heavey metal and hard rock for a low price and Ibanez offers that
Quote by Birdy266
Otherkid your a genius

Silence is Golden But Duck Tape Is Silver

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Member #2 of the Red Sox Fanclub. PM Gibson06 to join.

wuss

unless your being sarcastic, which i think you are, then how am i a wuss because i dont bitch and whine about every guitar i dont like.
i hate fenders (actually teles are okay...). i haven't played many ibanez's but i sure like the artcore hollowbody. my friends dad has a solidbody and the clean isn't great but if you mix the levels right it sounds fine. i like epiphone.
Cream Schecter Ultra III
Black Epi Les Paul Studio
Hohner Red SG (yeah weird)
Breedlove Dreadnought acoustic
An old fender (unknown model)
A frankenstein strat (unknown model)
15w Vox Pathfinder
120w Crate Flexwave
Pffft...I'm a Fender fanboy. I don't really like Ibanez.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
it's all preference. there are a lot of young ppl on UG. since they're into guitar a lot are listening to the modern version of heavy metal. the ibanez is an all around kinda guitar for that stuff. plus steve via kinda blew ibanez up. like was said earlier, they don't do it for me either. i'm on a treck for a strat now. it is a shame though, a lot of ibanez players will never know what it's like to wrap your hands around a really good strat or paul.
\m/(>_<\m/
ROCK ON!!

Fender Stratocaster Standard
Fender Twin Reverb II 105 Watts
Takamine EG-330 cutaway elec/acoustic
Ibanez Demon Wah Pedal
Various Effect Pedals
Ibanez are great starter guitars from what some of my friends/family started on. If I had more money for a higher end guitar, i wouldnt buy one.

Schecter ftw
They aren't bad. I have one, but I definitley like my Hellraiser Avenger better. The Edge Pro 2 trem is pretty bad though. I need to replace it with an Edge Pro once I get the cash.
Go get your shovel.
i played an Ibanez and i hated it. you have said most of the stuff on my mind. if someone asks what Gibson i should get, someone will say **** that get an Ibanez. same thing with any other ****ing brand
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
Quote by -Intermission-

doesn't mean i need to make a thread about it.

But i think when you say a wizard neck is faster than a first act from walmart, i think you're wrong. A first act from walmart probably has shit action and the neck could be too wide to move fast. Whereas, on a wizard neck, it is slightly thinner than most necks, so moving your fingers is easier, hence more speed.

+1 but i own 4 ibanez's. but dude just cuz you dont like Ibanez's doesnt mean theyre all that bad. i've played Fenders, Gibsons, Jacksons AND Ibanez's that sucked. but the guitars from Ibanez and Fender i have pwn (minus the GAX75 if it were stock, but its not). and i've played awesome Gibsons and Jacksons, but Gibson charges you and arm and a leg for for a good playing guitar. if im paying 2,000 USD for a guitar, it better have the best FR, thinnest neck, and pickups that i won't swap. since Ibanez has a $750 guitar with all but the pickups, i'll get that. it really comes down to preferance. so just deal with it.
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
Quote by maXterbat0r
Um, I like my Ibanez` because they are comfortableto play and sound great?

+23423457.

What does it matter to you? Ibanez makes a good guitar, at a good price.

/of story.
Quote by HyperBoy2519
i played an Ibanez and i hated it. you have said most of the stuff on my mind. if someone asks what Gibson i should get, someone will say **** that get an Ibanez. same thing with any other ****ing brand
Because Gibson charges ridiculous prices for their guitars, and Ibanez can do quite a bit.

What Ibanez did you play, if I may be so bold?
Quote by buzzcut
1. I mean honestly, I am willing to bet that 80% of all UG'ers are ****ing obsessed with these guitars. What is so great about them?? I have played many and they dont feel very special to me. I can think of dozens of more better choices than Ibanez.

2. It seems that in ALL of the " What new guitar" threads, most people simply respond with "get an Ibanez". What is the point of making these threads? You know that everybody is going to say to buy an Ibanez. Save you time!

Ibanez is scoring big because all of you ****ers are buying into there stupid gimmicks. They are probably laughing at you and counting their fortune right now. For example, the "wizard necks". They have several versoins of these necks, all of which claim to be faster than regular guitar necks. People on this sight actually believe these necks will make you play faster. That is complete bullshit. An Ibanez wizard neck wont make you play any faster than a 50 dollar First Act from walmart.

6. I have a ton more to say, but I dont feel like typing.

Let the flaming begin!

1. Disagree. That statistic is incorrect.
2. Disagree. Perhaps there are a lot of people who recommend other brands as well, but you just don't want to see them.
3. Agree. The Wizard necks do play nicely. They don't make you play faster though.
4. Agree. But it's just the shitty pickups. Swap them and then try playing it.
5. Disagree/Agree. Well, technically, any guitar can do any genre. However, they don't work for everything.
6. No one cares.

In summation, this is pretty much a pointless thread.
Quote by angusyoungwanab
+1 but i own 4 ibanez's. but dude just cuz you dont like Ibanez's doesnt mean theyre all that bad. i've played Fenders, Gibsons, Jacksons AND Ibanez's that sucked. but the guitars from Ibanez and Fender i have pwn (minus the GAX75 if it were stock, but its not). and i've played awesome Gibsons and Jacksons, but Gibson charges you and arm and a leg for for a good playing guitar. if im paying 2,000 USD for a guitar, it better have the best FR, thinnest neck, and pickups that i won't swap. since Ibanez has a $750 guitar with all but the pickups, i'll get that. it really comes down to preferance. so just deal with it.

i hope that wasn't aimed at me

i don't have a problem with ibanez. in fact, they do make some good guitars. I just prefer other guitars. brands really don't matter to me. I brought my epiphone firebird over a gibby firebird because i just didn't like the gibby. Like you said, it's all preferance
Ibanez are great value for money.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
I played a 50 'sgibson gold top les paul with those little pick up as a kid.
It sounds sweet as hell and it felt sweet as hell.
But the damn thing wouldn't stay in tune for the love of god.
And hell no my dad wasn't going drill holes or replace original tunners.
He made a crap load of money selling it as a beauty queen dust collecter.

I have had plenty of guitar, all different brands.
Personally it dosn't matter to me what brand.
I get stupid picky when purchasing a guitar.
I just happen to have an ibanez in my colletion that i like at the moment.
I wanna, wanna another les pual, but damn...$2500
I went to guitar center earlier this week, and grabbed an ibanez prestige off the wall expecting the neck to feel significantly thinner and more comfortable to me due to my small hands, and I must say that I didn't really notice much, or any, difference in size compared to say a ltd or even my strat, though I only messed with it for about 15 minutes. Ibanez is very good about putting out quality instruments at affordable prices, but I think people who believe not having that the 1 or 2 mm difference in neck thickness of the wizard necks is what is keeping them from playing 30 nps instead of the 10-15 they are doing now. They get hyped up here at UG. I personally lost respect for ibanez, though they are very cool, and now I'm more interested in schecter and gibsons.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Quote by -Intermission-

i have one too, but its becasue im cheap, so i bought a $150 ibanez. i dont prefer it though. im not a metal fan too.
Quote by J_J
it's all preference. there are a lot of young ppl on UG. since they're into guitar a lot are listening to the modern version of heavy metal. the ibanez is an all around kinda guitar for that stuff. plus steve via kinda blew ibanez up. like was said earlier, they don't do it for me either. i'm on a treck for a strat now. it is a shame though, a lot of ibanez players will never know what it's like to wrap your hands around a really good strat or paul.

Good les pauls are not that frequent now. Quality control issues with Gibson . meanwhile the prestige Ibanez's quality control is quite consistent and very well. In all honesty my 3 japanese ibanezes play better than my 2 custom shop gibsons(Ie stayed in tune 99.9%, zero fret wear, properly setup from the FACTORY.

OH NOES! GUITAR MAKES THE GENERE !!!!!11

get bent people(not just to you but to everyone saying its just for metal). An electric guitar can play any genre. Its the player that matters. In all honesty i play, jazz, country, metal, classic rock, blue grass, blues on my ibanezes. What makes your sound is the rest of your set up and more importantly YOUR PLAYING.

oh and me_llamo_juan +1
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Ibanez arent that bad...not my favourite. Ah well, at least i dont fall into the majority, as usual.

But seriously, you dont like ibanez, then dont start bitching about em, just start a thread saying how good your $50 walmart guitar is.

Simple.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
Maybe that's because 80% of UG prefers the feel of Ibanez. Judging guitars is a subjective thing. Who really cares..they're not making you buy one or anything. And just for the record, I don't own an Ibanez, so I'm not some fanboy.
Page 1 of 2