EDIT: the link was broken, it's fixed now

I did this today after school, great song, decent recording. lemme know what you think. www.myspace.com/atleastwedigeachother
"there is a man...
playing a violin...
and the strings...
are the veins in his own arm."
Last edited by not_enough at Mar 24, 2007,
I fixed the link
"there is a man...
playing a violin...
and the strings...
anyone else care to say anything??
"there is a man...
playing a violin...
and the strings...
Critting while listening.

Wow, very nice job. I really liked the guitar, strumming, rhythm and tone were all excellent. The vocals were really good too. A little flat in some spots but otherwise excellent. (you definately sing better than me!!) You have an excellent tone to your voice. The mix is great too, all of your volumes are right on. Overall 9/10. Great song, great cover.

Your ending was really cool......you have a good falsetto. Keep rocking.

One thing to note, I think you got the words wrong at the end...Pretty sure he says

I know some day you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be the sun, in somebody else's sky,
but why, why, why can't it be MINE??

C4C? My friend and I did a Pearl Jam cover too (Alive), Let me know what you think....
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=550468
Light is faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Quote by Scott3229
if i wanted to get brain washed and then throw all my money away, id go to church

"I see, you've been blinded by what you believe" Sully Erna
Last edited by cnorthern at Mar 24, 2007,
thanks. and as far as the end...I said star, and that makes sense too but maybe you're right....I dunno....never looked it up
"there is a man...
playing a violin...
and the strings...
Really good playing but you might want to vary the strum pattern a bit. Also your voice is in the same vein as Eddy's and it's great to hear someone who can actually sing. There are some technical issues with mixing (outro is too loud) but overall excellent cover.
Quote by cnorthern
Critting while listening.

Wow, very nice job. I really liked the guitar, strumming, rhythm and tone were all excellent. The vocals were really good too. A little flat in some spots but otherwise excellent. (you definately sing better than me!!) You have an excellent tone to your voice. The mix is great too, all of your volumes are right on. Overall 9/10. Great song, great cover.

Your ending was really cool......you have a good falsetto. Keep rocking.

One thing to note, I think you got the words wrong at the end...Pretty sure he says

I know some day you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be the sun, in somebody else's sky,
but why, why, why can't it be MINE??

C4C? My friend and I did a Pearl Jam cover too (Alive), Let me know what you think....
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=550468

Actually "star" is the correct lyric. Eddy sings it on the album and in live performances. "I know you'll be the sun" is sung in a cover by Aaron Lewis but I guess if you're covering a song slight changes could be good.
Other than some incorrect lyrics (and the only reason I noticed that is because this is one of my favorite songs ever), its a really good cover.