How is it done? I've seen people say in topics that their bass or drum tracks are from guitar pro, but I can't figure out.

edit: Okay, I imported in the midi file, but now the track looks all weird and there's a keyboard in the track, and it doesn't play the midi. can anyone help?
Last edited by Spamwise at Mar 23, 2007,
just change the mix to "Stereo Mix" in audacity, and press record, and play back the guitar pro track just like you'd click play to listen to it. audacity will record any sound that is made within the computer. its hard to explain, just try it
Quote by Spamwise
How is it done? I've seen people say in topics that their bass or drum tracks are from guitar pro, but I can't figure out.

Most people will export MIDI and then use a software sampler or GM synth to play back those tracks in any given sequencing app. Since GP exports MIDI control data as well it's a wise idea to start all you GP arrangements with a blank measure and then go to the MIDI Event list (or something similar) in your sequencing app. and removing all the panning/volume/instrument control data. Otherwise your sequencer might use that info in playing back the MIDI and it will sound like crap (and it will most likely chooe a completely wrong sound).

From GP 5 you're supposed to be able to export a WAV-file of any GP tab using the RSE but I've never tried and I assume you'll have to set the audio recording path somewhere for that to work. But personally I'm not a big fan of the RSE anyway, I need much better drum samples than that to keep me happy. Plus you can't really offset hits and manipulate velocity by small amounts in GP like you need to in order to emulate a real drummer.
Quote by ebon00
Most people will export MIDI and then use a software sampler or GM synth to play back those tracks in any given sequencing app. Since GP exports MIDI control data as well it's a wise idea to start all you GP arrangements with a blank measure and then go to the MIDI Event list (or something similar) in your sequencing app. and removing all the panning/volume/instrument control data. Otherwise your sequencer might use that info in playing back the MIDI and it will sound like crap (and it will most likely chooe a completely wrong sound).

From GP 5 you're supposed to be able to export a WAV-file of any GP tab using the RSE but I've never tried and I assume you'll have to set the audio recording path somewhere for that to work. But personally I'm not a big fan of the RSE anyway, I need much better drum samples than that to keep me happy. Plus you can't really offset hits and manipulate velocity by small amounts in GP like you need to in order to emulate a real drummer.

What's a good free "GM synth" program to use?