I saw some reviews on UG and I figured that just because it's a Squier, it doesn't really suck that bad. All you need is a good amp and it sounds good. I'm gonna be stuck with this guitar for a loooong time, so I may as well mod it or something. get better pickups as well. Other than that i need a better amp, or a pedal. I always felt out of place because I thought i had such a bad quality guitar. It isn't the best, but it works great.
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Line 6 Tonecore Uber Metal
yeah, some squiers are alright, just as long as they arent made of plywood
yea true it is a novice guitar but i hear it can also be used to play at small gigs.
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by Phorgot
yeah, some squiers are alright, just as long as they arent made of plywood

Sigged, even if that wasnt sarcasm it was funny as hell
Member #19 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club."

Quote by chaoticmayhem
Toads are cool; it's those frog bastards that I don't like.

Whats your philosophy on life?
its so good to be back!
Quote by md41
yea true it is a novice guitar but i hear it can also be used to play at small gigs.

You can play a gig with any guitar.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
true. mine is a maple neck. those feel better for me
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by md41
Squier Strats... they actually are not that bad...

That's actually the new Squier slogan.

Just kidding, I love my Squier 51.
I absolutely love my squire. played it live for a really long time.
-Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410
-Tons of other bass/guitar gear

FAST MELODIC PUNK! CHECK OUT MY BAND!
therowleyestate.bandcamp.com
Quote by Fender_punk
I absolutely love my squire. played it live for a really long time.

if you love it so much how come you spelled it wrong?
Squier was my first guitar...served me well before i knew what a good sound was. Now when i play it i just go bleh, the tone is not good and it does not stay in tune...although i love the neck but the tone is lacking...anyways it served me well for when i needed it.
their really really hit or miss.
my squier strat has an hss setup and a solid mahogany body, i love it.
if you set them up and change pickups and tuners their awesome guitars
Quote by peever
their really really hit or miss.
my squier strat has an hss setup and a solid mahogany body, i love it.
if you set them up and change pickups and tuners their awesome guitars

So basically all you are using is the body? Hahaha. Nobody said the mexicans cant shape wood good!
Yeah they do the job, I love the feel and playability my Affinity strat has. Just need to change the electronics and pickups and such. But yes very good value guitars, especially for beginners.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
I absolutely love my squire. i palyed it live for forever. its still my back up
-Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410
-Tons of other bass/guitar gear

FAST MELODIC PUNK! CHECK OUT MY BAND!
therowleyestate.bandcamp.com
Mine's a 20th Anniversary strat. It's pretty good. Sure, the neck is stickier than my rad fender 60th ann tele, but what do you expect.

It was a fraction of the price.

I tell you though, it is my blues machine. My tele is good, but strats just have "that" sound, neck pup, beautiful.

Even though I don't need a new guitar at the moment (I just got a super new computer for recording), I'm considering a sexy strat just cos my squier plays that well.

I think I have natural talent for guitar because I'm left handed and I use that hand to pleasure myself. Seeing as I started playing after most of intense masturbating-teen years, the dexterity was already there.
They aren't really bad. Just depends on the models.
I quite like the jagmaster and the 51, I played a deluxe squier strat the other day. Pretty sexy and had pretty much an identical feel to an MIM fender.
DONT get a squier bullet *pukes* worst guitar i have ever played.....especially becuase i used a squier amp *pukes again* i suppose i havent played the walmart guitar yet....but still, bullets are damn crap.
My Gear...
Guitars:
- Ibanez RG350EX
- Cort Acoustic
Amps:
- Randall RG75
Effects:
-Boss ME-50 Multi Effects

Quote by Ajax413
Pfft... I know a guy who didn't even masturbate until he was 18... now that's a late bloomer.
My friends is the biggest POS yet some are alright, I dunno.
Ibanez RG350dx
Ibanez AF85 Artcore VLS
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
I saw a band in the union bar and their guitarist was using a Squier into a Line6 Spider and he was getting the most amazing sound out of them. God knows how.

Here they are, listen to Beauty And The Beast and you'll see what I mean.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
i know a band like that...his tone sucks but i love the band...their not even that good either. haha

wishyouweres
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Most people on here talk shit about Squier's because they have "bad wood". Most people on here couldn't tell the difference between plywood or alder. Its mostly just elitism. I'm not saying Squiers are great guitars-I'm just syaing they're a lot better than most people say they are.
I love my Tele. It has the most comfortable neck and lowest action of all my guitars. Granted I play in a metal band so it doesn't really get gigged. But I would definitely gig it and all if it matched the music.

People just like to rip on Squiers because their daddies bought them a $2000 Fender and told them it was better.
Squires are better with age, my one is about 12 years old and it's a good guitar, i use it as much as i do my more expencive guitars for the cleans.
I never disliked the sound of my squier. In fact, when I plugged it into a Fender Hot Rod, tt was impressive, sounding like a fender. For some reason though, the frets got wierd, and started to cut up my hands when I played. I'm not sure if it was incorrect technique, the metal wearing down, or what but that is when I upgraded to my next guitar.
I have a maple-bodied Squier affinity and an MIM Fender Strat.

The Fender is generally more comfortable, with a 'true' C-shaped neck, smoother frets, thicker but lighter body, and a warmer overall tone with a higher quality of tone. The Squier's neck is weird....Really really thin.

The Squier isn't bad. But the Fender is in a TOTALLY different league.

As for the maple body, god knows how it got that. It's got some weird quilt figure going on. Uber uber bright, not much good for much but cleans on position 4.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.