Page 1 of 2
Alright, I am quite fucking pissed off right now. Earlier I posted a thread about recovering MSN messenger conversations, well, here's the rest of the story.

About two weeks ago my 11 year old sister and her friend were being followed around the neighborhood by a white van, creepy guy, the works. Then a few hours ago tonight my sister got into an MSN conversation with a friend when another guy just joined, he knew her name, where she lived, that she had an 8 year brother and an older brother, and said that he may or may not drive a white van, and then he said that when he goes, he'll come back when she's sleeping or in the bathroom. Stupid kiddie prank? Very possibly, but here is what really got me steamed.

We called the cops, when I called 911 and told the lady what was going on, her response was "Did anything illegal happen?" I could only say "No, but there is a grown man harassing my 11 year old sister, so that's something." They sent someone. The guy came to the house, and turned a police call into a half hour lecture about internet saftey, well no shit fucktard, but it's a bit late for that and she was relatively safe as it was. And then the kicker, this fucking pig looked my 11 year old, terrified little sister in the eyes and said "Actually this is a pretty good lesson for you." Yes, he said that it was a fucking good thing. Did he take the harddrive to have it traced? No. Did he put out a watch? No. Did he do any fucking thing in the god damn world to take preventative measures to keep my little sister from being attacked? No. He came, he lectured, he left. Appearently we've gotten to a point where cops won't even do anything at all enless something has happened, won't do anything until after my sister is attacked, instead they walk around on their high fucking horses with a superiority complex that could make Lenin look modest, wasting their time on unimportant bullshit while they just wait for the killers, the rapists, the pedophiles to make their fucking move.

Absolutely fucking pathetic. I'm not asking for a full-on alert, I'm not asking for guns and barricades, I just want to see the officers of whom has a salary paid by me do something. Anything. It would be so incredibly easy just to take the hard drive back to the precinct and have the conversation recovered and have the guy traced. It could be a stupid friend, hell it probably is, but when there is reason to beleive it's not, well don't just fucking wait around for it. My city had the single highest amount of murders of any city last year, by the end of it they were writing them off as "Mysterious deaths," I think I see why.

Fucking pigs.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
1.Unless your city is oakland shut up about highest number of murders.
2. They dont do shit unless it happened, so what. If it was the other way around, they would not be able to take care of anything. Call them pigs, but when you truly need them, you will not talk shit.
What else can you do now but watch over your sister and try and make sure no harm comes to her?

If it does become violent between some dude and you or he goes for your sister blah blah, then you can go rub it in the cops face.

But I've got my fingers crossed for you that it dissolves and nothing violent comes of it.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
i understand you man i would be pissed off to if that shit happened to one of my little brothers. If i were you i would watch my sister real carefully like when shes outside etc you know more than normally and i f you see the white van approach the guy. this could end up as nothing but you never know there is some F***ed up shit out there man. I think there was a lack of cooperation from the police too. haha did anythnig illegal happen like theyre waiting for a F***ing kiddnapping.

good luck to you
Quote by brits+metal=gay
2. They dont do shit unless it happened, so what. If it was the other way around, they would not be able to take care of anything. Call them pigs, but when you truly need them, you will not talk shit.

I do live in Oakland you god damn tool. Orlando had the highest crime rate of any city last year, and I live in Oakland. And the fact that they don't take action until something has happened is the problem, take some god damn preventative measures once in a while, you're supposed to protect and serve, not be a damn cleanup crew. And yes, I will call them pigs, cause whenever I have needed them, such as when my little sisters life could be in legitimate danger, they do shit.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Get a gun and learn how to use it because the pigs don't care about your sister until a crime has been committed.

Messaging on the Net is not a crime.
I do live in Oakland you god damn tool. Orlando had the highest crime rate of any city last year, and I live in Oakland. And the fact that they don't take action until something has happened is the problem, take some god damn preventative measures once in a while, you're supposed to protect and serve, not be a damn cleanup crew. And yes, I will call them pigs, cause whenever I have needed them, such as when my little sisters life could be in legitimate danger, they do shit.

While I appreciate your posistion, I don't appreciate the 'pigs' comment. I have family members who are police officers. But they are different here in Australia, far different. I suppose it's like Apples and Oranges.

Considering your location is Florida your a ****ing tool...
And you said highest murder rate...not hightest crime rate.

Seeing as they are in oakland, understaffed, and most likely murders are happening as we speak, they wont really care unless they feel it is a major threat.
I dont think he has anything against the cops themselves just the way they are made to handle things ^
Quote by greety
While I appreciate your posistion, I don't appreciate the 'pigs' comment. I have family members who are police officers. But they are different here in Australia, far different. I suppose it's like Apples and Oranges.

Let me clarify, I have a couple buddies that are aspiring to be cops, I'm even pretty tight with a deputy that is at my school. But the ones that act like this and ride around on high horses, that's what I'm referring to when I say "Pigs"

And Chaotic: I already have a shotgun that I can access pretty easy, right now there are two shells on my desk actually.
Kabir
Quote by greety
What else can you do now but watch over your sister and try and make sure no harm comes to her?

If it does become violent between some dude and you or he goes for your sister blah blah, then you can go rub it in the cops face.

But I've got my fingers crossed for you that it dissolves and nothing violent comes of it.

You seem to show up in the Pit alot more nowadays. Or am I just crazy?

And yeah. Um... don't do drugs. Or something to that manner. Hopefully enough, the guy is really thin, so you can beat the shit outta him if he tries anything.

So I'm not the only one who thinks "Brits+Metal=Gay" is a tool.
666 BRO
Quote by RawrDemon
You seem to show up in the Pit alot more nowadays. Or am I just crazy?

You aren't crazy. I just prefer a little off-beat discussion every now and then.
Quote by Kankuro
So I'm not the only one who thinks "Brits+Metal=Gay" is a tool.

Definately not
Kabir
Dude, I agree. The police in my city really could care less about anything. I mean, I live in the 2nd safest place on the planet, next to some place in britian. But god, they just have to be the ones who are always right. Never can they be the ones who are wrong, and if you dissagree, you better run. Thats all I have to say.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
I'm going to rape your little sister. Call the cops on me. I'm sure they'll take this threat seriously, and spend their time and resources investigating me instead of solving the enormous plethora of crimes and murders that they have to deal with now. I'm sure that Mrs. Jenkins, who just died, "isn't going anywhere," so they can just leave her for a few days to take a look at your hard drive to read a conversation that could have EASILY been a prank.

How would a guy who follows a girl around get her screen name information anyways? Whatever. Quit being a selfish douche bag. There are plenty of people out there who are more in need of the police than you. There are actual crimes being committed. Don't expect the police to look at every little thing that could easily be a prank. If they did, then NOTHING would get done and NO crimes would be solved.

Maybe they DO look at every little thing, and that's why they had to put all of the murders as "mysterious deaths." Because they couldn't get anything done because people like you kept hounding them on every little thing.

I'll say it again: I'm going to rape your sister. Put out a police bulletin!!!
Quote by brits+metal=gay

i dont know about america, but in canada child molestation is a huge concern. even if you guys have the same outlook as us or not, i think it is just ****ing retarded that this shit happens without any precautions being taken. i thought they would track ip his ip adress and what not, and questioned this creep.

as far as im concerned, i would rather investigate a missdemeanour rather than a felony...
Quote by Paddles
I feel sorry for the drummer, he gets stuck with a guitarist who can't hold a rhythm to save his life and a vocalist in the middle of a heavy-flow month.
wow...I would have thought the opposite..the cops actually help and get the guy...

thats even worse...damn cops.
Well I can only really think of one thing with my detective skills out of that story, but I'll do my best to help you out.

You say this guy joined into a conversation that your sister was having with a friend of hers on msn, right? Well the thing is you can't join a conversation in MSN unless you are invited by one of the parties currently in the conversation and this leads me to believe the other kid is in on it. With that in mind, chances are it's just a silly little prank that has gone too. You need to go scare the shit out of that kid she was talking to and get whatever you can out of him. My sister was put in the same situation when she was in grade 6, and it turned out to be two of her friends. Around halloween time she started getting emails from an anonymous address telling her not to look out her window at night and that she was going to be killed soon.. she got about 5 of them before she notified my parents. The parents phoned the school, the police traced the emails, and it turns out it was two of her (former, after the incident) best friends. They were both suspended.

There's really no way to explain the white van part, but what I get from this is that your sister had informed this kid of what had been happening and the little shit decided to exploit it. The only thing you can do is keep a close eye on her whenever you can and make sure she tells you if there are any more encounters on MSN or otherwise.

Best of luck, and I hope I've atleast helped you a little bit. Let me know how it turns out.
I think you might be over reacting, because of the high crime rate and what not. i think you should calm down

1. a white van would have to go visibly slow to follow someone around a neighborhood

2. did your sister know who the person she was talking to on MSN, or just you not knowing who it was.

and yes police are generaly incompitant with most things, but throwing a fit isnt going to do anything. they couldnt do anything, because nothing illegal happened
If it was MSN then they should have his email so you can talk it out with this guy correct?....Make a few threats, say you'll castrate him etc etc if he doesn't agree to speak peacefully....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by wilty00
Well I can only really think of one thing with my detective skills out of that story, but I'll do my best to help you out.

You say this guy joined into a conversation that your sister was having with a friend of hers on msn, right? Well the thing is you can't join a conversation in MSN unless you are invited by one of the parties currently in the conversation and this leads me to believe the other kid is in on it. With that in mind, chances are it's just a silly little prank that has gone too. You need to go scare the shit out of that kid she was talking to and get whatever you can out of him. My sister was put in the same situation when she was in grade 6, and it turned out to be two of her friends. Around halloween time she started getting emails from an anonymous address telling her not to look out her window at night and that she was going to be killed soon.. she got about 5 of them before she notified my parents. The parents phoned the school, the police traced the emails, and it turns out it was two of her (former, after the incident) best friends. They were both suspended.

There's really no way to explain the white van part, but what I get from this is that your sister had informed this kid of what had been happening and the little shit decided to exploit it. The only thing you can do is keep a close eye on her whenever you can and make sure she tells you if there are any more encounters on MSN or otherwise.

Best of luck, and I hope I've atleast helped you a little bit. Let me know how it turns out.

Oh it wouldn't suprise me if it was just a stupid little friend, but when all the cops do is turn a call into a lecture toward a terrified girl and don't even bother to try to prevent what could be a legitimate threat, not even so much as taking 20 minutes to trace an IP, then that's just sad. I'm not sure on the exact setup of the MSN thing, but I'm sure it wouldn't be hard for anyone with any hacking experience (Like pedophiles have anything better to do) to get into a private chat without an invite.

As for the van, he circled the same block 3-4 times and turned around from going to the gate when he saw them come out of the house again, if that's not suspicious I don't know what is.

Honestly, I wasn't worried about this at all for most of the night, but when I see paid officials just brush it off as nothing when they're supposed to protect and serve the living as well as the dead, then that what just pisses me off.
Kabir
Quote by BladeSlinger
If it was MSN then they should have his email so you can talk it out with this guy correct?....Make a few threats, say you'll castrate him etc etc if he doesn't agree to speak peacefully....

If undeadpaperclip did that he'd get in trouble by the police if they made an effort to do shit
Quote by UndeadPaperclip
Oh it wouldn't suprise me if it was just a stupid little friend, but when all the cops do is turn a call into a lecture toward a terrified girl and don't even bother to try to prevent what could be a legitimate threat, not even so much as taking 20 minutes to trace an IP, then that's just sad. I'm not sure on the exact setup of the MSN thing, but I'm sure it wouldn't be hard for anyone with any hacking experience (Like pedophiles have anything better to do) to get into a private chat without an invite.

I guess he hacked your house and installed video cameras to find her screen name too, yes?

As for the van, he circled the same block 3-4 times and turned around from going to the gate when he saw them come out of the house again, if that's not suspicious I don't know what is.

Then get the license plate number. Have other neighbors verify it. A white van following little children is not exactly what I would call inconspicuous.

Honestly, I wasn't worried about this at all for most of the night, but when I see paid officials just brush it off as nothing when they're supposed to protect and serve the living as well as the dead, then that what just pisses me off.

That's because they're supposed to solve crimes, not childish pranks.

Basically, this is what I understand: Some guy followed your sister in his van and nobody else happened to notice it, or get the license plate number. Then she talks to a friend (probably about the creepy guy), and, SUDDENLY, the creepy guy joins the channel (even though he can't, unless he's invited, we are told). He then identifies your sister by describing her and her family (all the while her friend is just sitting there, twiddling his thumbs).

So we have a guy driving a white van, in broad daylight, slowly, following little girls, who then hacks MSN to find her screen name, and then hacks it some more to enter her chat.

He must be a ninja pedophile, or something.
Last edited by JuicyMango at Mar 24, 2007,
Quote by UndeadPaperclip

By law internet service providers cannot provide information about their clients without a warrant or subpoena, so there isn't much they can do from that standpoint.

Incidents like these are usually mishandled by law enforcement and judges, mostly due to lack of understanding. Most police departments that have cybercrime units have subpar labs and training, most normal police officers don't understand anything and don't really care to. It really pisses me off, innocent people are going to prison for stupid stuff while people are getting off on crimes they should be put away for. Ugh, don't get me started, I could rant on this for hours.

EDIT:
I should also note that ISPs are required to keep records for 30 days (maybe 60, I forgot tbh, its one of the two), so if you can prove that he's stalking her then its possible that you could obtain the records. I'm not a lawyer or law enforcement, so I can't tell you for sure, but keep a timeline of the events along with anything else you notice (screen name, email addy, IP, car type/license, etc). It won't be worth much of anything to anyone but you, just having all the info in one place to look at.

You could also login as your sister and pretext as her, however I'd advise you to be EXTREMELY cautious. You don't want to say/do anything that will set him off or give him ideas.
Last edited by LordSephiroth at Mar 24, 2007,
Quote by JuicyMango
I guess he hacked your house and installed video cameras to find her screen name too, yes?

Then get the license plate number. Have other neighbors verify it. A white van following little children is not exactly what I would call inconspicuous.

That's because they're supposed to solve crimes, not childish pranks.

Wow, you're a fool. First of all, this thread isn't even primarily about my predicament, it's about my frusteration (And many other's appearently) with the police's impotence. Second of all, I don't have a bloody clue how he got the screename, and that's entirely irrelevant. Third, panicked 11 year old girls don't think to write down plate numbers. Fourth, they are supposed to solve crimes, and not assume shit until the worst comes true and then jump into action, cops should firstly prevent crimes, and only secondly have to solve them.

I'm really getting tired of these truly pathetic people that get their kicks from browsing forums for the sole purpose of being assholes to whoever they can find a bit of a reason to be. You might as well save everyone the headache and not post at all, maybe go do something of some importance to fulfill your hollow existence.
Kabir
Sounds like a prank, like Wilty said, if someone wants to enter an msn conversation they have to be invited, so therefore its likely he was on the other users list in order to be invited. I imagine if it persists then the cops will do more, if you do really live in Oakland, them I'm sure they have bigger fish to fry. Download an IP tracker program, you can atleast find out if the threats are from nearby, possibly even a location it was made from (ie. school, library, other public computer) that will narrow your suspects. BTW if he knew she had a little bro and an older bro, then it is likely someone shes friends with, how else would a random guy aquire that information? and..did she get an idea of what the driver looked like? maybe a description? Perhaps to be safe she should sleep in yours/your parents room for a few nights and see if this re-occurs.
School children washing cars for charity, is there anything more arousing?
Last edited by Vedder at Mar 24, 2007,
Quote by UndeadPaperclip
Wow, you're a fool. First of all, this thread isn't even primarily about my predicament, it's about my frusteration (And many other's appearently) with the police's impotence.

Such incompetent police. Doing their jobs!!! ::scoffs::

Second of all, I don't have a bloody clue how he got the screename, and that's entirely irrelevant.

Actually, that's the MOST RELEVANT part of your story, as it basically debunks the entire thing. The guy CANNOT join the chatroom without consent, and HAS NO WAY of finding her screen name out.

It completely refutes your entire story.

Third, panicked 11 year old girls don't think to write down plate numbers.

When a car drives by four times? Maybe you guys need to start giving her advice when she walks by herself with a friend in a neighborhood. She is an 11 year-old girl, after all, and there are creepy men in the world, after all. Give her some safety tips, for Christ's sake.

Fourth, they are supposed to solve crimes, and not assume shit until the worst comes true and then jump into action,
Correct, they should solve crimes. There has been no crime, so there is nothing to be solved.

cops should firstly prevent crimes, and only secondly have to solve them.

So let's install security cameras on every street corner, impose a curfew at 8:00, and then have the police patrol the streets all night long. THAT would solve about 90% of all crime.

I'm really getting tired of these truly pathetic people that get their kicks from browsing forums for the sole purpose of being assholes to whoever they can find a bit of a reason to be. You might as well save everyone the headache and not post at all, maybe go do something of some importance to fulfill your hollow existence.

I'm getting really tired of these truly pathetic people that get their kicks from pissing on cops for the sole purpose of being assholes. These people do more good things in their line of work than you could probably ever hope to do in your life. So shut the fuck up about them not doing their jobs. There has not been a crime, so they CAN'T do anything.

If they had to follow through with every schmuck's dumbass request because he got his panties in a bunch when some man drove by his house, then NOTHING would EVER get done, and the cops WOULD be useless. If you people would quit complaining about the stupidest things that are most obviously a prank, then maybe the police could get some shit done finally, and then you couldn't complain about them "not doing their jobs."
You've got to keep in mind too that the police have their hands bound when it comes to dealing with incidents like this. There isn't really much they can do, granted they should have handled it differently.

You should virus scan your computer as well, if you don't have one then use the web based one at http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ (or even if you do, 2 > 1 :p). If you are using wireless then make sure you use WPA.
Quote by JuicyMango

When a car drives by four times? Maybe you guys need to start giving her advice when she walks by herself with a friend in a neighborhood. She is an 11 year-old girl, after all, and there are creepy men in the world, after all. Give her some safety tips, for Christ's sake.

she's eleven...kinda innocent to be thinking of shit like that.

Quote by JuicyMango

Correct, they should solve crimes. There has been no crime, so there is nothing to be solved.

well, actually, last time i checked...harassment and threats are a crime...silly me. Man i'd be pissed too, put yourself in his shoes.
School children washing cars for charity, is there anything more arousing?
Guys, you better not piss this guy off, he has access to a Shotgun! And has two, *TWO* shotgun shells on his desk!!! But seriously, its just a prank. Dont worry about it.
Quote by Draken
that 0/10 was for gonzo slash, i despise him.
N.W.A Is Fucking Up The Program
Co-Leader Of The League Of Toxicity33, Kankuro And Dr. Gonzo Slash
Quote by OneHappyCamper

Gonzo, you're a cool dude.
Wow, you're a fool. First of all, this thread isn't even primarily about my predicament, it's about my frusteration (And many other's appearently) with the police's impotence. Second of all, I don't have a bloody clue how he got the screename, and that's entirely irrelevant. Third, panicked 11 year old girls don't think to write down plate numbers. Fourth, they are supposed to solve crimes, and not assume shit until the worst comes true and then jump into action, cops should firstly prevent crimes, and only secondly have to solve them.

+ 1 for undead paperclip

You people need to stop playing the devils advocate and be human for a second. What if this was YOUR sister? Quit being assholes...seriously.
Quote by Vedder
she's eleven...kinda innocent to be thinking of shit like that.

Uhh, ok. Go let your 7 year-old wander around the neighborhood at night, telling her that it's all magic and candy out there.

She's 11. Tell her to look out for things and take some responsibility. It's not her fault, but that doesn't mean that she can't use common sense.

From the time that I was able to walk around in public with my parents, I was told not to talk to strangers. Don't give me this "innocence" crap.

well, actually, last time i checked...harassment and threats are a crime...silly me. Man i'd be pissed too, put yourself in his shoes.

Last time I checked, saying you'll drive by when they're sleeping does not constitute a threat. And also, last time I checked (which was a few seconds ago when I read several people's posts), you can't join other people's MSN channels without an invitation, so it can't possibly be the same guy, hence no harassment. Just a friend of a friend being a little shit.

Quote by IAmIronMan88
You people need to stop playing the devils advocate and be human for a second. What if this was YOUR sister? Quit being assholes...seriously.

If it was my sister, she would have been informed beforehand on how to react in situations like this. If it was my sister, she would have gotten the license plate. If it was my sister, I would tell her to talk to her friend to find out why he's being a douche and trying to scare her.
even if it was a prank there is absolutly no proof that it is. they should assume the worst. a kid scribbles that people will be killed in toilet stall and the ****ing bomb team comes out. and a few days ago someone on this forum said he was investigated by police for drawing a a few silly pictures buildings blowing up ( https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=550688&highlight=government+threat ) and received warnings, etc

this is the reason police should take precautions if there is any uncertainty as stupid as some of thees may seem , you never know

+1 threadstarter
Quote by Paddles
I feel sorry for the drummer, he gets stuck with a guitarist who can't hold a rhythm to save his life and a vocalist in the middle of a heavy-flow month.
Quote by JuicyMango

If it was my sister, she would have been informed beforehand on how to react in situations like this. If it was my sister, she would have gotten the license plate. If it was my sister, I would tell her to talk to her friend to find out why he's being a douche and trying to scare her.

But it's not your sister, so quit being a twat
Quote by randyrhoads...
even if it was a prank there is absolutly no proof that it is. they should assume the worst. a kid scribbles that people will be killed in toilet stall and the ****ing bomb team comes out. and a few days ago someone on this forum said he was investigated by police for drawing a a few silly pictures buildings blowing up ( https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=550688&highlight=government+threat ) and received warnings, etc

this is the reason police should take precautions if there is any uncertainty as stupid as some of thees may seem , you never know

+1 threadstarter

Ok, so, in both situations, they WERE pranks? Ok, that adds tons of support to your assertion that police should assume the worst, and that this isn't just a prank.

Quote by drevil814
But it's not your sister, so quit being a twat

You dumb cunt. The guy above me asked me how I'd react if it was my sister. Pay attention, dumbass.

Here's a thought: http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/internet/03/23/safeonline.101/index.html
Page 1 of 2