My Mom has a small Jaguar and she is worried about driving my big Amp (200 Watts Randall) to my friends house. It weighs about seventy pounds and I don't see what the issue is considering it weigh about the size of a child and it 2 feet by one foot. So who thinks she is just paranoid?
I don't understand what it is she's worried about? Is she worried about it weighing the car down and ruining the shocks, or is she worried about it like flying forward and smashing something when she stops. Also, what model Jaguar is it?
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
She is worried about the shocks and I don't know the model. I think it is kind of stupid. It weighs about the same as a 10 year old girl.
I think you just posted this so we'd all be jealous that your mom has a jag. well it worked.
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

G&K Backline 600 + Goldline 210GLX cab
Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
No, I just want to be able to bring my good amp to band practice. It gives me my signature sound.
I really don't mean to offend,

but I hate when stupid people have nice cars...

And yes, I'm on your side - there is no way it would ruin her shocks or anything to the car. The only potential damage would be getting it in and out, and possible seat tearing. But that's only if you're not careful.

Common sense.
Sorry, I just wanted you all to get a clear idea of it. And thats what I said. She is acting liek a fool.
well a 200 watt randall isnt a big amp, or that heavy so you pry weigh more than the amp
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Quote by zorched
I think you just posted this so we'd all be jealous that your mom has a jag. well it worked.

+1
High as tits
Jag as in car? LOL!!!

I thought you meant that lion thing that ate those magicians.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
I've got the same Randall as you, and my dad has a Jaguar X-type and I've used it to move my amp quite a few times and nothing was wrong with it. your mom is a dumbass. and you can quote me on that
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
A small Jaguar? No such thing.
My Gear
Burny LP Custom w/ Fernandes Sustainer and EMG
Crate Vintage Club All-tube 50
Fender Roc Pro 1000 head
Crate GFX 4x12 cab
Jekyll & Hyde Overdrive/Distortion pedal
She probably comes to a complete stop at all speedbumps too, right?

The only tale I can tell of the dangers of transporting amps is this...crazy things happen in accidents. For example, if you own a hatchback, try not to keep ultra-sharp hockey skates back there without having some kind of hatch cover to keep them from flying up to the driver's area. A friend of mine hit me doing about 55 and one of his skates ended up planting itself about an inch into the padding on his dash...flew right between him and his girlfriend. I can only guess the kind of chaos a 50 pound amp flying through the air could cause.

Also, you should tell your mom to get over it...a Jag is just an overpriced Ford.
You must not have a Dad around, because he would talk some sense into your mom. Did she get divorced and use her settlement money to buy a jaguar to "show him". Anyway, just tell her she is paranoid, and ill informed
Just explain to her how it won't screw up the vehicle.

Either that, or you may be a terrible driver.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by Scarchest
Sorry, I just wanted you all to get a clear idea of it. And thats what I said. She is acting liek a fool.

Talk nicely to your mother.

Yes, there should be absolutely no issue putting the amp in her trunk. Does the car have a backseat you could place the amp on? On a blanket or something, of course. Your "size of a small human" argument will carry even more weight when the weight of the amp is supported by all four wheels.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
little tip here guys:

i made an emergency stop with a marshall head and 4x12 NOT strapped down - i was a few inches from being decapitated!

now i carry ANY amp around in the car STRAPPED DOWN through the seat hooks which are directly connected to the chassis. takes time, but i like my head and i want to keep it that way
just put sheets down around on the seats and such to prevent tearing the seat material.

the weight wont damage the shocks.

i had a problem. i ordered my amp ( warwick 611 pro ) thinking it would fit in a car.

i bought it, and when we went to pick it up, it required 4 young men to carry it in the box and put it in the van.

but back to the original point of the thread.

just make sure to belt it up so in the rare event of an accident, it wont fly through the car.

Remember a box of tissues weighs; when in a crash, the same as brick. due to G-forces and Etc.

so think how much an amp will weigh

peace.
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Quote by flyingmarlin

Remember a box of tissues weighs; when in a crash, the same as brick. due to G-forces and Etc.

but at what speed does that "brick" hit you at?

at what speed do you crash at?

etc (quite a stupid, vague quote that always comes up)

anyway, if you crash at 30+mph, a big heavy amp is going to become a bigger, heavier amp and some nasty pain!
Did you tell her it weighs 70 pounds? Ask her for an argument against that.
86% of the people who frequent the "Electric Guitar" forum would say that they have played guitar for under 5 years.
I think my IQ just went down by about 30..

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
she must be asian. that sound like a asian thing. plus, i dont know any non asians who have jags.

anyways, it wont hrt the car, groceries would weigh just as much as that amp.

and i put 2 staks in my van, it has a cage. its great.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by tubadude
she must be asian. that sound like a asian thing. plus, i dont know any non asians who have jags.

anyways, it wont hrt the car, groceries would weigh just as much as that amp.

and i put 2 staks in my van, it has a cage. its great.

Yea, it kinda sounds like something my mom would do, and she is asian.
86% of the people who frequent the "Electric Guitar" forum would say that they have played guitar for under 5 years.
I work as mechanic there is absolutely no problem with the shocks with ur amp. in fact if ur amp weighed 400lbs it would have little effect on the shocks. The one thing to worry about is that jags have leather interiors and if she where to jerk the wheel or make a sudden stop it could possibly cause a tear in the leather. and to get one of those seats redone ur look a shit load of money. but if u put a towel underneath the amp it should not cause any problems.
ESP Explorer Custom Shop
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Marshall 1960 A cab
Engl Powerball
Genz Benz G-flex
Washburn Dime 3 custom shop..wanna buy it??
^it takes alot of energy to tear leather. it is easy piercable, but takes alot to tear. thats why you see people hang themselves with 3 hooks in their back. it can be pierced, but very hard to tear.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by 7PlaGues
two questions havent been asked yet

1. is your mom hot?
2. do you want a new daddy?

just kiddin amigo. yeah, your amp shouldnt cause an issue to a jag.

[Arnold Schwartzeneger accent]

Who is your daddy, and what does he do...?

[/Arnold Schwartzeneger accent]

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.