I like to play blues/rock and my guitar is an american standard strat. Right now I play through my pod xt live with headphones, or plug the pod through a crappy 30 watt crate amp. The amp model I use most frequently is the fender blackface twin reverb, and it sounds surprisingly good, even through my crate amp (sounds almost identical to the reissue twin reverb I tried at guitar center). However, Jimi Hendrix being my favorite guitarist, I would like to be able to play some of his overdriven stuff like foxey lady and my current amp can only handle cleans. What amp would you recommend I get? My budget is around $300, and I'm looking only for a small amp because I mainly play in my bedroom and my friend's garage. I have no preference when it comes to tube vs solid state, I understand tube is good for playing blues-driven stuff but I would also like to use my pod to get a wide variety of sounds. Right now I am looking at the Vox AD30VT or a Roland cube 30. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance to all who post.
2001 American Standard Stratocaster (Sunburst)
Pod XT Live
Looking for an amp
It's generally not a good idea to run a multi-fx pedal into a modeling amp.

Some tube amps "take" multi-fx pretty well, warming up the tone a lot.

Just take your Pod to a guitar store and hook it up and see what happens .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
^ he could go the power amp route using the pod as a pre amp, then just get a cab.

then theres atomic amps, not too bad, but a bit expensive for what it does.

if he does plug into a tube amp, plug in to the fx return/power amp section.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by mexican_shred
^ he could go the power amp route using the pod as a pre amp, then just get a cab.

then theres atomic amps, not too bad, but a bit expensive for what it does.

if he does plug into a tube amp, plug in to the fx return/power amp section.

Also true.

Can't you get the Power Block to act as a power amp? Just for some versatility.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.