Page 1 of 2
Does anybody here know which artist has recorded the most albums in his/her career? To my knowledge, the two people who have made the most music in their careers are Frank Zappa and Bob Dylan...but I'm not really sure. Anybody have any official stats on this?
Rolling Stones have alot.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
I'd like to think either Frank Zappa or Eric Clapton. But I'm not sure... I just know that my dad has so much Clapton stuff from over the past 40 years... If you count all in all, then Clapton is up there...
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
Merzbow. I highly doubt that anyone has ever released more than him even though he's only been going since the 80s.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Frank Zappa
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Leonard Bernstein recorded around 700 albums.
Quote by jase_connor
what a knob [1983 Merman]...its so moronic I thought it was deliberate

Quote by guitar?
Merman I will speak the truth
We all think you're a flaming douche
Plus we all think you are gay
And we all hope you get aids
go on itunes...and search pearl jam

but most of those are itunes exclusive live shows.

but for real albums id have to say frank zappa
Zappaz got lke 60, but didnt he write like 150
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
Frank Zappa most likely.
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
Quote by andrewbiles
Merzbow. I highly doubt that anyone has ever released more than him even though he's only been going since the 80s.

yeah he does have a crapload, but a lot of that stuff is just random noise stuff, so dont really like to count him, because half of it is just like he sat around dicking sround with some tape loops and a synth and called it an album.

not to mention half of his later albums are just comps of his earlier stuff.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
jonny cash, just think how many jonny cash cd's you see everywhere,

hes even realising them AFTER HE'S DIED!!!
Quote by Mathamology
One day that guy is gonna lose a whole arm to that blender

and that shall be the day I laugh the hardest
the ventures have over 250 albums, and have written and recorded over 1000 songs, and recorded over 2000 cover songs

unbeatable.

edit: whoops i forgot /thread

.../thread
Last edited by §tratôcaster at Mar 25, 2007,
Hasn't Jandek released almost 80% of total album output by all recording artists living or dead?
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
yeah he does have a crapload, but a lot of that stuff is just random noise stuff, so dont really like to count him, because half of it is just like he sat around dicking sround with some tape loops and a synth and called it an album.

not to mention half of his later albums are just comps of his earlier stuff.

Let's put it this way though. Who else can record a crapload of noise albums and make a living off of it?
pearl jam have over 200 bootleg-albums i think.

But dylan has many albums,or?
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Quote by shav0r
Johann Sebastian Bach

I don't think they had albums back then.
Gear
Gibson SG Standard with Emg Pick-ups
Marshall MG50DFX
Digitech Death Metal

I am the Eggman
Buckethead.

21 solo albums
performed on 33 other albums.

54 total albums since 1991, wow.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
Let's put it this way though. Who else can record a crapload of noise albums and make a living off of it?

well the only reason he makes a living off of it is because people buy his stuff up as soon as it comes out and he puts out an album every two to three months.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
well the only reason he makes a living off of it is because people buy his stuff up as soon as it comes out and he puts out an album every two to three months.
That's exactly my point. Can you record noise albums, continually release stuff and have everyone buy it as soon as it comes out? I don't think I could.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
That's exactly my point. Can you record noise albums, continually release stuff and have everyone buy it as soon as it comes out? I don't think I could.

how do you know until you try?
Quote by DorkusMalorkus

i could if i had the start up money to keep putting out records, theres pretty much an entire sub-culture of people who just eat that stuff up.

Last.fm
Miles Davis has about 125.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

I think Zappa is more like 75+
R.I.P. Frank Zappa R.I.P. Hideto Matsumoto and nowR.I.P. Rick Wright

It doesn't take words to make love
You be the flower, I'll be the bee
That wasn't love, they were just words
You be the heart, I'll be the arrow
Quote by andrewbiles

All hail Biles, the knowledge of all music on UG
Sent from my iPad.
Page 1 of 2