Ive got to get a new guitar! im sick of what ive got right now!
I mostly play classic rock. Stuff like Joe Walsh, Rush, GNR, Boston, and some modern stuff like Modest Mouse, Foo Fighters, and Audioslave, and even some southern rock like Lynyrd Skynyrd and Molly Hatchet. I was looking at http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_fender_72_telecaster_deluxe_electric_guitar?full_sku=102548054
that and http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_ibanez_rg1570_electric_guitar?full_sku=519965%2e101
What i want is something versitile, something that can do it all. I would prefer for it to have atleast 1 humbuck and a maple neck if possible?
Thnx for help in advance
EDIT: Hopefully something under $750
Last edited by kool98769 at Mar 24, 2007,
the fender would be better for the tone your looking for, i love the 72 customs great guitars, play smooth and have a nice p90ish sound
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
i think that a les paul would suit your style more
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Classic
Fender HM Strat
Mesa/Boogie 1987 Mark III
Peavey Classic Chorus 130
Boss GT-8
Robert Keeley TS9DX Flexi-4X2
Quote by Zephyyr
i think that a les paul would suit your style more

either or, a strat would be great for southern rock and classic rock sounds, les paul would hit rush and GnR better.
Yeah, **** the ibanez. Wizard necks suck balls. Especially rosewood wizard necks
well the only LPs he could afford are Epis which arent bad but id rather get a fender than a epiphone to be honest, plus ash body + 2 humbuckers=LOVE
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Maybe try one of the Fender HSS guitars (there are several variations)? They have a hmbucker in the bridge and single coils in the middle and neck positions.
Yeah, after i played that telecaster in guitar center i pretty much cried when i put it back, lol
idk the only les pauls from epi worth buying are plain tops and birdseye exclusives, and honestly i think the fender would have a better tone for his music
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Quote by powerhalf
Maybe try one of the Fender HSS guitars (there are several variations)? They have a hmbucker in the bridge and single coils in the middle and neck positions.

Word. These are very versatile guitars, while the Ibanez is pretty much metal through and through. Tele is nice too though, so I would suggest not buying online until you can get yourself to a music store and try out the guitars you like.
Yeah, hopefully sometime in this coming week i will take a trip to guitar center. I already tried the tele out and loved it. I'll have to try out some type of strat with a hss or something for pickups
Try looking into some copy brands like tokai. They make amazing copies of strats, les pauls and teles.

Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man