hey all...

i know people have said not to use car speakers when making an amp but i was wondering if its possible to use subwoofers in a bass amp???

i hope thats not a stupid question...
Im not real sure about subwoofers but i know an ordinary speaker with an input on teh back would work.
It is possible, but most subwoofers eat up a decent amount of power, and have all the output centered around a certain frequency. I wouldn't suggest using subwoofers for bass cabinets, but in the end it comes down to your choice. Eminence make some great bass speakers and they are fairly cheap too.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Just look up Eminence on Ebay. Speakers tend to be below the $100 mark, which is fairly good pricewise. What configuration are you planning on having?
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
im not entirely sure what that means... i want to have one 15" speaker and i want to build it all including the electronics.
Quote by touch_of_autumn
im not entirely sure what that means... i want to have one 15" speaker and i want to build it all including the electronics.

So what, you want to build an amp, or you're just looking for speakers?
Hi,

you can ask youre question on site removed, the gurus there will help you.

greets,

jof EDIT: no advertising other forum folks
advertising there are we? *reported*
Quote by Freddy_Walker
stevo 192 lol mate u a beast! Such a rebel!!!

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
Trace Elliot Series 6 head and cabs
Fender American Stratocaster
Vintage Teisco electric guitar
Fender princeton 650 dsp amp
O.k mabey i can help you, i am a bassplayer, and built several bass cabs in the past.
How much power you want to play with?
Are you a 4 or 5 string player?

greets.
I ask this,because of the freq response the driver should give.
To design speaker cabs, you need to read at least one designer book, but for this occasion we are gonna leave this behind.
The easyest is to download ''WINISD SPEAKER DESIGNER'' the alpha version please, you can find this on ''GOOGLE'' so you will better understand whats going on.

The lowest string from a 4 string is E [40hz], this is what they call; the fundamental tone, which is difficult to heare.
The E string has many harmonics in one freq wave, one of them is the second harmonics, this is the tone you heare fully from that E [ 80hz]
So if we gonna tune youre cab, which give a certain volume,we will tune around 40hz.
Why not from 80hz??, because you will lose ''bottom and low end ''

If you are ready downloading winisd-alpha, we will simulate some drivers and than you will see how the driver behave in a certain cab according the graphs.

greets
from a 5 string, B [30hz]