Page 1 of 12
I searched and I'm REALLY suprised to see that there wasn't a thread on them in here that wasn't more than a year old.

I figured it'd be nice to have a place to discuss their music with fellow fans (which appear to be few on this site )

Favorite songs?

Albums?

My favorite songs at the moment are Stability and Styrofoam Plates... both great, mellow songs. Really nice to fall asleep to. Stability has been perfect for me lately as I've been having some major family problems lately and it's nice thinking music just to relax to and even improvise on the acoustic.

Discuss Death Cab!
yeah stability is an awesome song.....although i actually prefer the guitar version found at the end of plans...i think its called stable song or something.....also a big fan of tiny vessels, steadier footing and what sarah said.......great band!

What the fuck?
Wilty????

I thought you liked crap like Aerosmith.
And, I'm not saying that Aerosmith's crap, but just that Wilty's the last fucking person I'd ever expect to make this thread.

Hopefully you remember me, because I sure remember you.

ANYWAYS, I looooooove Death Cab.
But, I'm pretty sure there's an old thread where it's Death Cab related and I'm like "this band blows and is boring, and overrated and gay!"
Not those words, but it's pretty much the main idea.

But I love them.
And mainly Ben effing Gibbard.
And everything he's ever ever done.

And I can't wait to see them errr...Ben Gib. in his solo show in a tiny venue!!!

my friend and i tried to do a lack of color with the harmonies too...damn that was hard, i think we nailed maybe 2 bars out of the whole song. i don't listen to them much anymore but i used to reeeaally like death of an interior decorator.

edit: whoa that's cool, wilty's from winnipeg! you were probably that kid that looked at me funny while i took the bus in high school...
Last edited by somewhat_here at Mar 24, 2007,
Quote by Myles87
yeah stability is an awesome song.....although i actually prefer the guitar version found at the end of plans...i think its called stable song or something.....also a big fan of tiny vessels, steadier footing and what sarah said.......great band!

Yeah it's called Stable song, and I don't like it that much for some reason... probably 'cause my favorite part of Stability in the first place is the 10 or so minute instrumental part at the end. It's nice to improvise over on an acoustic and just to chill/fall asleep to.

What the fuck?
Wilty????

I thought you liked crap like Aerosmith.
And, I'm not saying that Aerosmith's crap, but just that Wilty's the last fucking person I'd ever expect to make this thread.

Hopefully you remember me, because I sure remember you.

ANYWAYS, I looooooove Death Cab.
But, I'm pretty sure there's an old thread where it's Death Cab related and I'm like "this band blows and is boring, and overrated and gay!"
Not those words, but it's pretty much the main idea.

But I love them.
And mainly Ben effing Gibbard.
And everything he's ever ever done.

And I can't wait to see them errr...Ben Gib. in his solo show in a tiny venue!!!

Haha of course I remember you Dougie. How've you been?

And no my musical tastes have COMPLETELY reversed... the only Classic Rock bands I listen to now are Van Halen, U2, the Eagles and sometimes Aerosmith. My favorite bands now are Coldplay, Death Cab, Jack Johnson, and Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Quote by Bmm386
Transatlanticism is a wonderful album.

Sadly it's the only one i have.

EDIT: And where the hell have you been Wilty? I haven't seen you post in months.

I've been posting more and more gradully over the last two weeks or so... mainly 'cause I'm on spring break and all my friends are out of town. I'm here pretty much all day now.

I was always browsing the forums like 8 hours a day as usual, I just wasn't posting much 'cause it got old and there were no interesting discussions anywhere.
Death Cab is awesome, I haven't listened to them in a while though, might stick on Transatlanticism now.

there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

I went through the Death Cab phase, and alas, I think that I can always go back and listen to them with open ears.
I'm not a huge fan, but I'll admit I've only ever heard the last few singles. Ben Gibbard is like an effing genius though so, I'll look into some of their stuff.
Last edited by NGD1313 at Mar 25, 2007,
Quote by NGD1313
I'm not a huge fan, but I'll admit I've only ever heard the last few singles. Ben Gibbard is like an effing genius though so, I'll look into some of their stuff.

The singles are always the shittiest songs from any band in the last five years, it's when you look deeper you find the good stuff.
i love the PHOTO ALBUM..
favortie song is Styrofoam Plates
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
I'm downloading Transatlanticism right now, haven't listened to it yet though. I was either going to get that or Plans. I decided to get Transatlanticsm because I heard it was the better of the two. I'll probalby end up getting both.
Quote by system
photo album is the best. my favorite's probably movie script ending though.

A Movie Script ending is awseome. The Photo Album is good, but I find their's some boring tracks, and the songs don't distinguish themselves as well as on Transatlanticism.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

i'm not much of a Death Cab fan to be honest. i'd much rather listen to The Shins or The Decemberists.

but if you guys wanna give me some good albums/songs, feel free. i may need to check them out to give them more of a fair chance.
They're not to bad although a lot of thier stuff can be pretty dull to my ears i much prefer Ben Gibbard's work in The Postal Service.
Death cab is awesome, although I wore out there songs from listening to them to much.

Definetly my favorite song by them is brothers on a hotel bed.
Quote by Meths

Obviously I'm biased towards the correct point of view. What kind of retard isn't?

For me, I feel Ben's best work was on We Have the Facts and We're Voting Yes.

Pretty much any other album by them feels a lot less personal (from the band to the album, not the album to me).

Plans I don't dig that much. And no, it's not because that was their 'sell0ut' album or anything, in fact, I didn't like Death Cab up until around 5 months ago.

ANYWAY, yeah, Transalanticism is okay. All the songs are really just catchy and even in the slow sense.

Something About Airplanes is effing legit. Line of Best Fit is such a good song.

And Photo Album would probably be their best album.

It's just an album with everything that's good about Death Cab without really anything missing.
Debate Exposes Doubt is easily my favourite song off that album, and actually one of the best songs by Death Cab in general.

But even though the Photo Album is probably their best album, my favourite is still We Have the Facts.

Ah yes I love Death Cab. I have all of their albums except Something About Airplanes and some other EPs. Der scheiss!
I got hooked onto DCFC with Transatalanticism although I have to say none of their other albums really do it for me. Plans was a bit of disappointment tbh, the earlier ones are OK though.
they are great

what sarah said FTW what a crazy good song, listen to the lyrics carefully, which i'm sure all you death cab listeners do
ya i didn't like plans so much. i started to listen to them again b/c of this thread and i must say we have the facts is pretty damn good, so good that i put it on cassette.
Quote by I Play Guitar!
why is Plans their worst? it's probably their most accessible album.

To me theres just no real stand out songs on it...

Summer Skin is a pretty dope song, but other then that there's no real songs on it that hit you like the other albums have. For example, Translanticism has Lack of Color and Title and Registration. It's lacking any real depth to the songs to me... Soul Meets Body, Brothers on a Hotel Bed, What Sarah Said, and Stable song just seem strange for some reason. It has some decent songs like I Will Follow You Into the Dark that everyone seems to like but it's not a "my god this song is awesome" song.
IMO, Transatlanticism is one of those weird, perfect albums, were not only each song is great, but the flow of the album is magical as well...
I love that album deeply I think all of their other albums are great, even Plans, but I love Transatlanticism above the rest.
Quote by julio1987
IMO, Transatlanticism is one of those weird, perfect albums, were not only each song is great, but the flow of the album is magical as well...
I love that album deeply I think all of their other albums are great, even Plans, but I love Transatlanticism above the rest.

I completely agree with that. I hadn't thought about it until you said that but it's very true.
DCFC are awesome. =]. I love the progression in "I will follow you into the dark" and the is indeed magical. MY dad is obsessed and is always playing them so thats how i got into them
Quote by tanglewoodguit
DCFC are awesome. =]. I love the progression in "I will follow you into the dark" and the is indeed magical. MY dad is obsessed and is always playing them so thats how i got into them

My dad likes Shania Twain.
Death Cab are absolutely amazing.
I've been listening to a lot of 'You can play these songs with chords' lately. Such a good album with a more raw feel with it. Line of best fit...yay.
No doubt that the photo album is their best work. It like the cross over between a heavier death cab, and the transatlanticism onwards era. Of course Transatlanticism - the song - is 8 minutes of greatness.
Being a long time fan, I disagree that Plans is their worst. You can listen to it and actually forget that time is going on around you regardless. I'd listen to plans rather than Airplanes or Facts.
And if you haven't already, check out The Postal Service. You won't be disappointed.
Quote by metalfan#3
I Will Follow You Into the Dark is an amazing song. It reminds me of camp.

How so?
Of course Death Cab are great. This is kind of a given.

Didn't like Photo Album very much though. Had some standout tracks, but overall the rest of the album wasn't there to back those tracks up. I thought We Have The Facts And We're Voting Yes was the best album of theirs, actually. It's nice to chill out and listen to that one straight thru. My favorite songs would likely be Photobooth, What Sarah Said, an' Company Calls/Company Calls Epilouge
i am member no. 3 of the 'coheed and cambria fan club' interested? pm CoheedANDnofx6.

"I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it"
-Mitch Hedberg