Hey guys. I have a custom guitar with three Seymour Duncan Antiquity single coil Hot bridge pickups in it.

Recently, it's been getting a lot of weird feedback issues with my amp that I just can't seem to solve by anything.

The guitar's only roughly five years and I'm worried about it. I've got a Line 6 Spider III 75watt.

Yes, I know it's a metal-y crap solid state combo, but I blew all my money on the guitar, which was worth it.

Anyway, when using the direct on switch to put all the power into whatever pickup I want, there's countless amounts of..feedback. Not even humming or really feedback, just loud buzzing that doesn't even reverberate into the pickups--just noise.

I'm getting mad. Tomorrow I'm taking the guitar into a local shop and seeing what they can tell me about it.

Are there any pedals or SOMETHING I can buy to cancel this noise even a LITTLE and still be able to play cranked?
Quote by joshblues21
get a noise suppressor. or try pluging your amp into a power filter

Power filter?
It sounds like a loose or broken solder. You'd be smart to take it in if you don't know anything about soldering.
Quote by 6WS
It sounds like a loose or broken solder. You'd be smart to take it in if you don't know anything about soldering.

Yeah, I don't know really know anything about soldering and I'm much too nervous to do it myself.

It's really quite odd though, because it affects every pickup.
So I brought the guitar to the store and they checked it out pretty good.

They said everything in the guitar was insulated, all the switches and everything electric was grounded and they say since it's a single coil, the guitar's gonna make noise anyways...

Would the Boss noise suppressor reduce the hum/feedback/noise from my amp, even if I'm not running any pedals into it--just the pedal itself?
if its the single coils that are the problem, then you might want to consider sheilding the guitar. This owuld involve using either special sheilding paint or tin or aluminum foil. You just take out all the electronics, and and paint/glue whatever your using on all the surfaces inside the guitar (for example: Contol cavities, pickup cavities, and if you have an active preamp or active pikups, you owuld want to sheild around you battery as well. Another thing to consider before buying a noise supress is re-grounding your guitar. Chances are your guitar is not star grounded. For s ome reason or another, guitar manufactuers do not star ground guitars despite the fact that it should be the only way to do it. Star grounding involves getting rid of all ground loops, by onnecting all ground wires to one point that is not the shell of a pot. Theese should be the first to methods to use for quieting your guitar.
Quote by avalanche930
if its the single coils that are the problem, then you might want to consider sheilding the guitar. This owuld involve using either special sheilding paint or tin or aluminum foil. You just take out all the electronics, and and paint/glue whatever your using on all the surfaces inside the guitar (for example: Contol cavities, pickup cavities, and if you have an active preamp or active pikups, you owuld want to sheild around you battery as well. Another thing to consider before buying a noise supress is re-grounding your guitar. Chances are your guitar is not star grounded. For s ome reason or another, guitar manufactuers do not star ground guitars despite the fact that it should be the only way to do it. Star grounding involves getting rid of all ground loops, by onnecting all ground wires to one point that is not the shell of a pot. Theese should be the first to methods to use for quieting your guitar.

Thanks for the help. I took a look at this and did some research--and to be honest, I don't think anyone in my area is truly qualified to do something like the star grounding, even though I live in a metropolitan area.

I'll ask around about both things though, just in case.