I am the screamer in a heavy metal band but i also have a good singing voice so i decided to switch to acoustic now instead of waiting for my vocal cords to be completely destroyed. My question is, what do i need to record acoustic guitar?
B.C.Rich Special Edition Warlock
Fender Standard Telecaster
Ibanez Acoustic-Electric
Austin 15W Lead Amp
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
An interface, a good condensor mic., a decent acoustic. Aim the condensor anywhere but straight at the soundhole; two options are straight at the 12th fret and, my favourite, aimed at the bridge from slightly "behind" (if that makes sense). That technique is how I made this recording using a simple ADK A-51 (not me singing lead but the rest is all me). Even the ukulele in the chorus/solo used the same mic. Hmmm... that tune was a bit heavy on the bass...
if u have a pickup on ur acoustic then its no sweat, turn clean and plug in but im guessing u dont, my mic isnt the best but its built for instruments, place it on the edge of the sound hole in front of wherever u want the stronger sound to come from (high low) mid for even... ebon is that ur song u guys put together? that is a great song, the beatles would be jealous i think, ur singer sounds like Lennon, love the ukulele... nice touch...
Quote by -=Led_Hed=-
ebon is that ur song u guys put together? that is a great song, the beatles would be jealous i think, ur singer sounds like Lennon, love the ukulele... nice touch...

Cover of an old KISS song (well, Gene Simmons wrote and recorded it for his 1978 solo album). Wish I had written it though.