Hello, im looking for a half decent shred tab. nothing too hard, im just learning, and i by all means can NOT do sweep picking..... i have a gig on wednesday of next week, so can someone help me out? and maby post up some good licks. im not very fast, although i pick really fast on one string at a time so it appears iam (i use a delay setting on my amp, with alternate picking, playing stuff like:

13-13-13-13-11-11-11-11-9-9-9-9-7-7-7-7 always adding a bend and a hammer on at the end. hah, now im rambeling... i think you know what i might want, so someone, anyone help. and have mercy, im new to the art of shred guitar
If you're not very fast, you're not going to want to attempt shred at a gig next week.

Do you mean, you want something that would be a good, basic introduction to shred?
that's called tremolo picking and check out the shred master class videos to speed up
shnaps i own sorta:-steinberger spirit
-ol' samick strat replica
-harmony acoustic of some sort
-ibanez pro bass

amps:-2 micro cubes
-peavey rage 158
-gorilla somethin
-ol' danelectro
-crate bass amp
You are not going to show off the chops you learnt a week ago at this gig...... Learn a few of the standard begingers guide to shredding songs.... Eg "Crazy Train" and Master Of Puppets. Please practice it slowly and cleanly though.... I cant stand hearing renditions of those songs done by a kid who thinks distortion makes you a really good shredder.
Quote by yawn
If you're not very fast, you're not going to want to attempt shred at a gig next week.

Do you mean, you want something that would be a good, basic introduction to shred?

yeah, somewhat. even if i just got an introduction, i play for 3+ hours a day, so by tuesday i should have a bit of speed
Well, a good introductory solo would be Metallica's Fade to Black. After that, maybe C.E.P. Bach's Solfeggietto.
ok, damn...... my band wimped out on me because "theyre not ready" for a show (just a school talent show) so now im doing a shred solo, so can someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEE!!!! post the tab or link to a shred solo.... like, nothing from a song, just a whole shred lick, no sweep picking, or tapping, or arpeggios, just speed picking, legato, hammeron and pull offs etc... IM LITERALLY BEGGING YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!
A shred-esque solo with no sweep picking or tapping, and just regular picking and legato?

Well, I can't think of anything in the genre of shred that comes to mind, but just pick some metal solo, like something from Iron Maiden or Megadeth.
Try the little acoustic solo part from Holy Wars...The Punishment Due by Megadeth.
Seinfeld
The Gear:
Fender John Mayer Sig. Strat
Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 60
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Tubescreamer
Damn right, I've got the blues.