Page 1 of 3
Well let's try and revive this and get a bit of this worked out. Most of the pre-2007 will know what GOTM (Guitar of the Month) is but for those of you who don't then have have a look at this https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=544868 . Alright so basis of GOTM is in there but i will repeat is just for the sake of it

Feature
Quality
Sound
Playability
Overall
and of course gotta have the pics

Now for the guitars that are done well I really don't have any problems with guitar choice but if your gonna do a low end guitar you might as well have it modded and then do the GOTM. alright any discussions might as well go in here and try to keep it on topic. Read the bottom for submission guidelines.

Apr 07: thetoastinator
May 07:Freddedonna
Jun 07:SGStrummer61
Jul 07: Jinksee
Aug 07: I_baked_cookies
Sep 07: Zeppelin256
Oct 07:
Nov 07:
Dec 07:

To save on space this page will now be kept for the signing up of CROTM (Celebrity Rig of the Month) as well. Hopefully you should all understand the basic concept of CROTM it is just a thread that details a certain's guitar (possibly bass but probably not) player's rig. For example click me. Alright so if you wanna do a CROTM reply in this thread and i will give you a month. Read the bottom for submission guidelines.

Apr 07:
May 07:
Jun 07:
Jul 07:
Aug 07:
Sep 07:
Oct 07:
Nov 07:
Dec 07:

NOTE: Before you post your GOTM or CROTM you will be needing to pm them to me or email me them so that it is confirmed that you will be doing them and not forgetting.

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

-Submit your name to be put on the list after you have completed your submission, not before.
-When you have completed your submission, pm azn_guitarist25 with the full text of your submission, and it will then be judged for detail, length, comprehensiveness, and pictures.
-If your submission is rejected, you will be notified. You can then try and resubmit based on azn_guitarist25's feedback.
-If your submission is accepted, you will be added to the end of the list.
-When its time for your submission to be posted, create a new thread in EG with your submission, and pm the link to azn_guitarist25. The rest will be taken care of.
-Send in your submission 3-4 weeks prior to when you would like them posted.
-Send your submissions to azn_guitarist25 personal email address rok.4eva@gmail.com
Last edited by azn_guitarist25 at Jun 29, 2007,
Well here's the thing. The main problem with these somethingOTM things is that people who are supposed to do it don't. So we'll be doing it like this. You write it up, then you get added to the list.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
Yep just to save this thread from becoming humangous only reply in here if you are asking to do it for a certain month. Also read the first post as i will regularly update it whenever i feel the need.
Actually, just don't post at all, considering you need to pm your submission to azn_guitarist25 before it can be added to the list. The only reason the thread is still open is so that azn_guitarist25 can edit the first post. Once that is done, it'll be closed.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
well in that case, sign me up for and Ernie Ball MusicMan Silhouette Special for May 2007
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
Don't bother suggesting a month because you don't get on the list until you actually write it.
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
i already told you i'd do the rig, and trust me, i will.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
*Opens notepad and starts writting*
*Charges his camera battery*
I'll be doing it on my Sg Supreme

Give me a few weeks 'till I send it.

EDIT: Meh, allready wrote it... I'll take some pics later tonight and send it to you.
Last edited by Freddedonna at Mar 26, 2007,
NOTE: From now on if you send me a GOTM or CROTM to me via pm it will be deleted instantly. I'm sorry but i am not always on UG and will be able to check my own email address easily. Send all submissions to rok.4eva@gmail.com
I'll Send my Eric Johnson write up...

Edit. If it's been denied, please tell me... I would like to know, I spent a lot of time looking up that stuff....
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by rooster456 at Apr 17, 2007,

Xifr! I guess you weren't kidding.

Is a may one good for me?
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
azn_guitarist will have to answer, as he's keeping track of this stuff. If he doesn't reply soon, pm him to come here and say whose next.
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
Quite frankly, When i was an SMod we would do these sign up sheets quite alot and i was in charge. People allways forgot that they even signed up for one in advance and they didnt have their review ready, and you would have to go down the list.

As a veteran Gotm/Botm Writer ( I have written far more then any one person has) it's a nice idea in practice, but it has NEVER worked in the mid to long term.
Last edited by Asomodai at Apr 24, 2007,
Why not make people PM you with a copy of the article 1+ month before they have their turn as a deadline?

If they suddenly go afk you can just post it yourself if needed. Or give someone else the job to do this.
So...I guess I have the next month? But I wanted May!

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
So...I guess I have the next month? But I wanted May!

You have to sign up to be able to do it... I signed up and I have the may spot.
Well, he did email me back and I have dibs on the next spot!

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Sad...

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
I emailed the address with my complete article and pics...

My Ibanez DT350 deserves some attention!

So yea, please give me a month, I really don't care which.
so has anyone besides me done a CROTM? you should do one, they're fun and easy.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
You forgot to change the GOTM, Phil!
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Quote by Gabel
I'll do my Strat for July!

I got mine for July.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
So where's June? Put something interesting up already.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Email sent for the next available slot. You guys are gonna like this one
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Quote by azn_guitarist25
alright sorry to those who have sent me an email to my gmail addy i'll get back to yours and sgstrummer i think i have a copy somewhere so i can post it up

edit: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=9486363#post9486363

**** i better get this taken care of

I emailed you a while ago about my 1985 Ibanez DT350... I'm still not on the list!
sign me up for oct. 07
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.
This thread is so confusing but just for kicks I nominate my Fender Cyclone II with a JB Jr Humbucker in the bridge posistion ernie ball 10 gauge regular slinky strings and the sexiest feature of all, some baddass racing stripes.
aight i nom my Evil Edge just for the hell of it. if no one knows what it looks like....

EDIT: that pic was two days after i got it. yes, i DO have a stand for it. don't freak.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Page 1 of 3