hey...

im going to build a guitar for my year 12 major work.
this is my first atempt at building a guitar but i thought i would go all out and build a guitar of my own design, that if i saw in a shop i would buy...

this is my design...

i want to make it white with all black hardware...
Last edited by touch_of_autumn at Mar 24, 2007,
Very very nice, at first i thought it looks like something existing but i looked at some models and none are as cool as this Unique headstock with this too?
Quote by roast
Cool, thanks Lagrance.

Randall Rx15
Ibanez Rg321Mh
Musima 25K Deluxe
Zoom 505 II
looks like something B.C. Rich would make. like a Warlock Hybrid or something. But i like this shape better. go for it. i hate B.C. Rich anyway
www.myspace.com/wearedraind
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
ESP LTD EX-400BD (two of them)
Peavey 5150
Mesa 4x12 Straightback Slant cab loaded with v30's
looks like a bc rich but nice dude good luck with it D shred the hell outa it also
Quote by sashki
That's a cool shape you got there, however I think (just my opinion) that it would look awesomer with a dark red quilt maple top.

+1
www.myspace.com/wearedraind
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
ESP LTD EX-400BD (two of them)
Peavey 5150
Mesa 4x12 Straightback Slant cab loaded with v30's
Nice, very metal. Not one I'd buy myself but gotta give credit where it's due. Friend of mine did a similar thing back in high school but his was an awful body shape with a stupid paint-job (badly done flames).

You gonna make the neck yourself or get a pre-made one?
ive drawn pics of the headstock but theyre at school at the moment...

i would do that to the colour but im on a tight budget so im buying alder wood... not as good i know but its versatile...

thanks for fixing that picture for me... someones got to tell me how to do that...

i'll probably attach the front strap button to the back of the neck.

thanks for all of the comments.

i'll try and get some of my drawings from school to upload.
to do that just write (Invalid img) no spaces between the and your picture.

And very snazzy, and alder is a good wood, not great looking but still sounds great.
^ wot subject r u doin this 4, i'm goin into 6th form next year and i heard u could make guitars in product design and they don't do any other tech subjects at our school (and it's supposed to be a bloody engeneering collage!)
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
yeah... its in wood work... but i heard someone did it for a design and technology project too
i dont know what kind of neck i will use... can you buy necks with a blank headstock??? like one that i can shape myself???
1. oh rite well ill be a bit pissed off if i have to just do sum shitty drawings 4 2 years, and besides, howz that gonna teach me ne thing?

2. don't double post- use the button

3. yes you can.

Try wd-music.co.uk or allparts.co.uk or ur local guitar shop (dunno 'bout urs but mine sells 'em)
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Last edited by eddiehimself at Mar 24, 2007,
Carvin sells some necks with blank headstocks. You could also look into Warmoth.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
stew-mac.com has some I think. But they might already have the six-in-line tuner holes drilled in.
this is my original drawing on paper with the beveled edges...

(Invalid img)

the dotted line is the hip rest at the back...
sorry its hard to see.

this is a better drawing of the body

and this is the head stock i have chosen...

it has a bevel on it too

let me know what you think...
Quote by touch_of_autumn
i dont know what kind of neck i will use... can you buy necks with a blank headstock??? like one that i can shape myself???

Do you live in Australia because im also building a guitar for my HSC project next year. Im modelling it around a Fender Jazzmaster/Paul Reed Smith/Les Paul. You will get extra marks if you build the neck yourself trust me. I been watching videos on it trying to tutor myself. Just get some maple or whatever material you want to make the neck out of and router it out then sand it till its the right shape. Then get some rosewood and make a fret board. It'll be better in the long run.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by sashki
That's a cool shape you got there, however I think (just my opinion) that it would look awesomer with a dark red quilt maple top.

+1000

what pickups you putting in it?

Quote by XibanezedgeX
its kinda like that but not really...
but its nice!
yea carvin sells 25" scale necks with blank headstocks for 209 BUT its neck through body
idk if thats what you planned but yea its there

a neck thru would be the only way to do this guitar imo

otherewise you might a s well buy a cheap ass guitar....